So of all the basses in this forum...

L-1329

• Members
I like a Wal...but preferably a 5er. I'd like a Sadowsky...but I'm not sure if anyone has one here.

There's gotta be more Sadowsky owners here besides me. OTOH, I prefer HCBF because guys here have other basses besides Sadowskys. :lol:

RSB's upcoming Modulus might be something I'd covet.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
There's gotta be more Sadowsky owners here besides me. OTOH, I prefer HCBF because guys here have other basses besides Sadowskys.
:lol:

RSB's upcoming Modulus might be something I'd covet.

I'm not too sure about that. Yeah...the other guys REALLY love their Sadowsky's. The one that I want is a P/J...but it has the p pocket routed for a J as well, so you can make it a full on J bass if you wanted to. It's nice! I'm just not paying that much for a bass. My Modulus was enough...

Speaking of Moduli...I'll 2nd RSB's up and comer. I also just replaced the gold hardware on mine with black hardware. It's AWESOME! The tuners are really nice too. Hipshot ultralites...

• Members

Let me just say, as one who's played many forumite's basses...there are a LOT of fine instruments here.
That said, I've been dying for years to get my hands on James Harts basses. They look so ideal.
I never want to give Bassman1956's Jerzy back every time I play it.
I was wondering if L1329 would miss one of his LeComptes when he brought both of them down to one of the improvs for me to give them a real world spin.

• Members
I was wondering if L1329 would miss one of his LeComptes when he brought both of them down to one of the improvs for me to give them a real world spin.

:mad::mad::mad:

;) Actually, you'd get a better idea of the fretless now that it's preamp issue is sorted out.

• Members
I'm not too sure about that. Yeah...the other guys REALLY love their Sadowsky's. The one that I want is a P/J...but it has the p pocket routed for a J as well, so you can make it a full on J bass if you wanted to. It's nice! I'm just not paying that much for a bass. My Modulus was enough...

Speaking of Moduli...I'll 2nd RSB's up and comer. I also just replaced the gold hardware on mine with black hardware. It's AWESOME! The tuners are really nice too. Hipshot ultralites...

You mean this lil 'ol thing? ;)

mo50117_2.jpg

• Members
Since I live in Minnesota now, it'd be sacrilege to suggest that this bass looks better with black hardware than it would with gold, but I just did.
:cool:

Believe me, if it were a lighter finish I'd of gone gold.

I just like that clean look. :cool:

Plus, mine will have quilted maple (5A) instead of that flamed.

• Members
I'll try to get some pics up tonight...but that thing looks very similar to mine...except that it's brown. Same bridge, pickups, preamp, fretboard, strap locks...

Yeah that's just a stock photo of the finish that I gave to Modulus to make sure they get it right.

Mine will have some different internal and knob options, as well as the chechen fingerboard.

By January, I could be down to 2 basses- they'll just cost more than 9 $1000 basses put together!! :D :D :D

• Members

Someone popped in here once who had that LeCompte STSS-4 that was metallic orange with an inlaid metal diamond plate pickguard. That bass was KILLER looking!

I forget the guys name, but he's on TB. That bass is my personal favorite of Bud's creations.

• Members
Which two? Are ya cutting the Conklin loose?

Yep, that's actually on the 'Bay right now as that's going towards fixing my truck.
No bids yet, $1000. Interested? :)

I'll be down to the Wal 5 and my custom Q5. I'll have to replenish the funds afterwards to get something else...

but good lord- if I'm not satisfied with just having both of those? There is no hope. :)

Archived