WHO TOUGHT YA TO PLAY A BASS??????

boogiebassbill

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Self-taught but, indirectly, I've had countless teachers so to speak.

Mixing sound and playing guitar since my teens and before, I've been fortunate to work with literally hundreds of gifted players. I've always tried to keep my ears & eyes open.

Still learning.

• Members

I've been playing 30 years since I was 16. I did have lessons for about a year, but the guy (as I later surmised) wasn't very good at teaching.

Like others, I played other instruments since age 6 or 7. Piano, oboe, baritone horn and sousaphone.

It was the sousaphone that changed my life in the fourth grade. From then on only the low end would do, although I kinda wish I had stayed also with the oboe- absolutely beautiful instrument- nothing sounds like it.

• Members
I've been playing 30 years since I was 16. I did have lessons for about a year, but the guy (as I later surmised) wasn't very good at teaching.

Like others, I played other instruments since age 6 or 7. Piano, oboe, baritone horn and sousaphone.

It was the
sousaphone
that changed my life in the fourth grade. From then on only the low end would do, although I kinda wish I had stayed also with the oboe- absolutely beautiful instrument- nothing sounds like it.

cool

• Members

i taught myself through being immersed in the music and with a book. Also transcribing and imitating bass players. it wasn't until i was 22 that i had my first bass lesson... My classical training in URB began around then too. My bass teacher lineage can be traced back to the 1700's

Archived