Battle of the Jazz'ness... 'elp!

REMUS

• Members

So in your opinion, which would you go for? They are all about the same price except for the the 62 re-issue, which is a fair bit cheaper.

Sorry no BOALG option because this is important... :o

I am personally leaning heavily toward the Bacchus 5, and even more so to the DJ4.

Bacchus Japan 02 WOODLINE 5 (New)

3ac5_12.JPG

Lakland Darryl Jones 4 (New)

4d5a_1.JPG

Modulus VJ4 (Used)

73478224_tp.jpg

Fender Japan 62RI Jazz (Used)

5d7e_1.JPG

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bacchus Japan 02 WOODLINE 5 (New)

3ac5_12.JPG

I was so excited to think about owning that absolutely gorgeous piece of instrument sexiness, but then I looked up the price and remembered what a broke ass I am.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.

• Moderators

I think the Bacchus is by far the sharpest looking. I've never played one though. Nor have I played a DJ with the new Lakland pickups. I thought that bass killed with the Aeros. So much so that I got a custom set of Aeros for one of my Hamers. I don't like the Modulus. I'd get the Fender if you were concerned about cost. I'm going to vote Bacchus so you can review it for the rest of us. :thu:

• Members

I was so excited to think about owning that absolutely gorgeous piece of instrument sexiness, but then I looked up the price and remembered what a broke ass I am.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.

haha it's the sex isn't it! :D

i'm really wary to inverst because i've been listening to some of Joe Creightons stuff who endorses them and i'm not really very impressed :(

you see i've heard dj4, modulus clips and played a 62RI...

i'm having a hard time finding someone who has played the Bacchus :o

• Members

I think the Bacchus is by far the sharpest looking. I've never played one though. Nor have I played a DJ with the new Lakland pickups. I thought that bass killed with the Aeros. So much so that I got a custom set of Aeros for one of my Hamers. I don't like the Modulus. I'd get the Fender if you were concerned about cost. I'm going to vote Bacchus so you can review it for the rest of us.
:thu:

crap I forgot about the pup point mentioned in my previous thread, on the subject of the DJ4 :o

do you know when the aeros were phased out?

• Moderators

do you know when the aeros were phased out?

I don't. I wasn't paying enough attention to know. If you get the serial number you could e-mail Lakland and I'm sure they will tell you. I also have nothing bad to say about the new pickups, I just haven't heard them.

• Members

Have you ever played a Bacchus, doesn't matter if it's not the same model?

I have not played one, but they appeal to me a lot.

I generally trust Japanese instruments to be high-quality, and from what I've read, the high-end Bacchus stuff is no different.

And the BOALG option at Talkbass is "carrots."

• Members

Oh yeah REMUS, if you're still looking for somewhere to get a Bacchus from check out Ikebe Gakki in Japan. They ship worldwide. :)

Here's a link to all their Bacchus basses, there's a few pages worth.

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/free_search_20.php?state2=&brand=21&h_price1=0&h_price2=0&c_time=0&shop=0&img_flg=1&page_cnt=48&order=1&submit1=%8C%9F%8D%F5%82%B7%82%E9&cate=2

Archived