Battle of the Jazz'ness... 'elp!

REMUS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm talking with a dude atm about a DJ5 with Nordstrand Dual Coil pickups,Audere pre.

I think i'm going to pull the trigger folks
:o

DJ5-1.jpg

Nice, but those aren't Nordy Dual Coils. They could be straight single coil NJ5, or possible split coil NJ5S pups though. I like the sound of both over the Dual Coils myself. BTW my fretless has a set of NJ5S pups and the three band Audere Zmode pre. It sounds delicious.:cool:

• Members
hmm they look expensive
:love:

They are, and they also don't fit a jazz pup route. If that bass really does have a set they were routed in if it wasn't done at the factory. You might want to make sure it was done well and the routes look good!

• Members
He made a mistake they are split coils!

How much are a set of split coils and a Audere pre-amp?

Well BestBassGear has the NJ5S set for $239. I think that unless you're a manufacturer you'd have to buy the pre from Audere direct. Their pricing depends on the configuration you choose, so if you know the setup on that bass' pre you could price it out. Here's the page...

http://www.audereaudio.com/#

Definitly not cheap stuff, but I can only say I love the combination of the NJ5S and the 3Z Audere.:cool:

• Members

gahhh he said there are two other people who get first refusal due to the fact they are in the us and i'm in old blighty :(

oo the 5 string has the same neck as the USA model, Flat-Sawn Maple with Graphite Reinforcement Bars

Archived