A Casual Poll: Will the lead singer freak out?

Phantasm

• Members

[note: this is not the band in my signature, that female singer has no fear or problem playing shows!]

Okay, so the cover band I've been working with is finally going to play shows tonight and tomorrow night. Tonight is a 45 minute opener for an estimated crowd of 500 and tomorrow night is 8-10pm at a festival.

I have concerns that the singer (a female in her early 20s) will totally freak out tonight. I guess they're concerns... but really, if she doesn't work, then oh well... I'll go do something else.

But for sheer amusement, I figured I'd post a few facts about her and allow everyone to vote whether or not they think she'll break down to tears tonight. I will post the answer along with a short review of what happened tomorrow and then again Sunday (if there is a second show?)

Biographical info on the singer:

Negatives:

- She has been in bands, but none that actually played in a club. They played parties.

- She started freaking out Monday thinking that she was getting sick.

- She wanted to practice last night and pushed for one, but then backed out at the last minute because she was worried to ruin her voice.

- She took the week off work to listen to the songs all day, every day, and make sure she "knew all the words."

- She had a meltdown last night on the phone with the guitar player where she started panicking.

Positives:

- She can actually sing.

- She was the head cheerleader, so she should be used to attention.

- She tried out for American Idol and almost made the show.

- She has stated a desire to succeed with a larger band.

So, will she freak out and cry and run away, or will she be okay?

Or, of course, BOALG?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I predict that she'll not only do fine, but she'll knock it out of the park.

+1

My hunch is she's slightly nervous but having a bit of fun with the whole "I'm freaking out" thing. Sounds like her first big show and she's psyched. Once the curtain goes up, she'll drop the clutch and amaze you.

• Members

All right, just got back from the gig...

She did a good job. She knocked it out of the park.

My Eshenbaugh J4 through my GK 2001RB and the Bergantino NV610 did a pretty good job too.

And now, it's time for sleep...

And time for a new poll:

Will the singer of my cover band now become insufferable?

1. Yes

2. Absolutely

3. all of the above

;)

Archived