John Entwistle(R.I.P.) kicks so much @#$

book_of_lies777

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

James Jamerson didn't make the top 10...but Noel Redding, Lemmy, and even Chris Novoselic did. lols.

Bootsy isn't even there anywhere. Ditto for Larry Graham. Double lols.

Who made up this list? Guitar players? BIT graduates?

Emre

• Members

James Jamerson didn't make the top 10...but Noel Redding, Lemmy, and even Chris Novoselic
did
. lols.

Bootsy isn't even there anywhere. Ditto for Larry Graham. Double lols.

Who made up this list? Guitar players? BIT graduates?

Emre

Werd.

This list is gay.

• Members

Kris Novoselic on that list is a stab in the heart to the entire alt-rock movement, imho. Jeez.

Kurt Cobain was way, way up on the list of top 100 guitarists a few years back, too.

It's like being in Nirvana makes you an icon automatically even if you were at best adequate at your role.

• Members

this isn't about the most technically proficient imo, it's just about bassists that have character and have done well for themselves on the international stage.

i'm not saying I agree with the positioning, but they have all the right names in the top 20 imo.

• Members

this isn't about the most technically proficient imo, it's just about bassists that have character and have done well for themselves on the international stage.

i'm not saying I agree with the positioning, but they have all the right names in the top 20 imo.

No they don't. Who the hell is Mani???

• Members

bass2kp1.jpg

Who made this list? My order would put Stanley and James much higher and Bruce lower. My list.

1. McCartney

2. Entwistle

3. John Paul Jones

4. Jamerson

5. Clarke

6. Kaye

7. Butler

8. Dunn

9. Pastorious

10. Squire

11. Bruce

12. Tiran Porter

13. Dale Peters

14. Mel Schacher

15. Barry Oakely

16. Tim Bogert

17. Brian Chandler

18. Roger Glover

19. Bozz Burrell

20. Bill Church

21. George Biando

22. Stu Cook

• Members

Flea is definitely not top 10 material.

Come on! He made slap bass work in really popular mainstream music, his lines are always loaded with groove.

He's definitely an iconic bass player. There can be no doubt about that. If you ask 20 people on the street "who's your favorite bass player?" if they can even think of one, chances are it'll be Flea.

• Members

Come on! He made slap bass work in really popular mainstream music, his lines are always loaded with groove.

He's definitely an iconic bass player. There can be no doubt about that. If you ask 20 people on the street "who's your favorite bass player?" if they can even think of one, chances are it'll be Flea.

+1.

• Members

RHCP are the first band I got into that made me realize that bass can be cool, and do more than thumping the root song after song after song. So Flea's definitely in the top 10 in my books.

+1 he and lemmy are my bass heros

Archived