happy hanukkah

jonathan_matos5

• Moderators

http://biblicalholidays.com/spell_hanukkah.htm

and you don't know as much as you think you do

Have you given one second of thought that I am Hebrew?

you seem to be educated about reformed Jews But dont know {censored} about Hebrew customs and Traditions.

just because you are married to a Hebrew woman does not make you an authorty on Judaisim

argueing with you is pointless because you have the atitude that you already know it all so I guess we are done here.
:wave:

If you want to dig for extremely obscure spellings of something to attempt to show knowledge that's your choice. The great majority of Jews in America don't spell it that way. Here's the Wiki on Hanukkah that backs me up, just so you know.

QUOTE:

Most commonly used spellings

• Hanukkah (in North America)

• Chanukkah (in the UK and Australia, also common in North America)
Common variants

• Hannukah

• Hannukkah

• Chanukah

• Channukkah
Uncommon variants

• Hanuka

• Chanuka

• Hannuka

• Channuka

• Hanukka

• Chanukka

• Hannukka

• Channukka
YIVO variant

• Khanike YIVO standard transliteration from the Yiddish and/or Ashkenazic pronunciation of the Hebrew)
I haven't suggested I'm an authority on Jews. If you're a Hebrew in America, you aren't very observant of a large portion of Jewish people around you. Even a Reformed Jew in this thread backed me up when you said Jewish people don't eat pork products.

I'm not the one with an attitude here. Nice bypass of the Genesis scriptures, too.;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On the 8th day of Hannukah my true love gave to me

8 funny hats
7 lords a leaping
6 stinky onions
5 gol-den coins
4 holy prayer books
3 twinkling candles
2 wooden dreidels

and a bowl of borsh with sour cream

Last night my wife and I sat around with our 7 year-old grand daughter and made this up....we played for at least half an hour and had a grand time....

We were actually reading an advent selection and somehow Brianna just started singing "on the first day of Hannukuh...." and dancing around so we just let this beautiful child lead us into a small miracle that we all enjoyed immensely.

And I do mean miracle....as in time disappearing, hearts beating as one, 60 yearolds acting as silly as first graders, laughing out loud....

I probably added about 10 years back on to my life...:)

Archived