happy hanukkah

jonathan_matos5

• Members

When else should Easter be celebrated? Why would the Christians observe the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur)? What is the purpose of Communion? Since Christmas is the celebration of Jesus' birth to Christians is it really important that the celebration doesn't fall on his actual birth date? Did your folks always have your birthday parties on the day of your birthday or did you go to Skate Land and have a birthday party on a Saturday with your friends? Have you ever been in a large family that has a lot of birthdays in a three month span, so they get together to celebrate everybody's birthday at one time?

The Passover (read Exodus 12) was a shadow of Yeshua, our Passover Lamb, who paid for the sins of the whole world, past, present and future. He is the real Passover lamb of Atonement, reconciling man to God. Yeshuas death and shed blood paid the penalty for the sins of the whole world. Just as the ancient Israelites were protected from the death angel by covering their door-posts with the blood of their Passover lambs on that fateful night back in Egypt, so we who are in the Messiah are covered by Yeshua the Christ's atoning blood, and in similar fashion we are protected from the second death. For we have passed from death into life with Christ. The early Christians observed this New Testament Passover service on the 14th Nisan as it was first kept by Yeshua as described in Matthew 26:14-30; Mark 14:12-25; Luke 22:14-38; and John 13 through 18:1 [Evidence of this is recorded in the "Post & Antinicine Fathers" which has preserved letters of Polycarp and Policrates, successors of the Apostle John in Asia Minor, one of them having actually been trained by John himself.]. This Passover was kept 24 hours before the Jews observed their Passover Sedar meal instituted by Moses on the evening of the 14th/15th Nisan and used the symbols of the broken bread and wine instead of the lamb, as we do today in communion services. Most Christian denominations now observe this as communion or the breaking of bread, observed either on a monthly or weekly basis. The Messianic Jewish believers generally observe the traditional Passover Seder meal the way their Jewish brethren do, but with the special understanding that Yeshua is the real Passover Lamb of God.

the point is that most everyone including most Christians do not even know the true date of the Messiahs birth and when you try to bring up a discussion about the significance of The birth of the Christ the true date of his birth which was more than likely the day of atonement which is very significant if you know anything about Hebrew holy Days (Yom Kippur) but has little significance to Christians? I find that rather ironic.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"2000 years ago they didn't have freezers, refridgerators... A pork chop might have killed you! Mmm I love me some pork, today a pork chop might save your life!!"

Nope

Pork Chops will still kill ya, Trans fats clogs the arterys pork is not healthy to eat that is why it was put down in Levitical law not to eat it because it is unhealthy(un-clean) to eat.

Hey I like pork chops too...I am just sayin:idk:

• Moderators
....pork is not healthy to eat that is why it was put down in Levitical law not to eat it because it is unhealthy(un-clean) to eat.

Hey I like pork chops too...I am just sayin:idk:

That is one of many explanations to the Leviticus text. In the Middle East, grain resources would have been wasted on pigs, unlike cows which eat grass. Syrians and Egyptians all had the same basic beliefs regarding pigs and yet all had different religions in the time Leviticus was written. From an economic standpoint raising pigs may not have made sense. Secondly, the Leviticus scripture could well have been to focus the Israelites on discipline and setting themselves apart from other cultures. Science changes all the time. Suggesting that pigs were unclean because pork is unhealthy supports the notion that the Bible is a scientific book, which it is not.

• Members

That is one of many explanations to the Leviticus text. In the Middle East, grain resources would have been wasted on pigs, unlike cows which eat grass. Syrians and Egyptians all had the same basic beliefs regarding pigs and yet all had different religions in the time Leviticus was written. From an economic standpoint raising pigs may not have made sense. Secondly, the Leviticus scripture could well have been to focus the Israelites on discipline and setting themselves apart from other cultures. Science changes all the time. Suggesting that pigs were unclean because pork is unhealthy supports the notion that the Bible is a scientific book, which it is not.

OH I beg to differ thudmaker, the forbidance to eat pork did not come from an economic standpoint. I am 100% sure that the God of the Penteuteuch knew exactley what he was doing when he inspired the the levitical law forbiding the consumption of pork.

God Created all things Including Science. JMHO

pigs like humans will eat anything

Never been to a hog farm eh?

• Members

OH I beg to differ thudmaker, the forbidance to eat pork did not come from an economic standpoint. I am 100% sure that the God of the Penteuteuch knew exactley what he was doing when he inspired the the levitical law forbiding the consumption of pork.

ive seen the hannibal lector movies hogs will eat anything or anyone:freak:

• Moderators

Number one your 100% proof is faith, not evidence. Secondly many knowledgeable Biblical scholars disagree with your assessment. That's why I said your interpretation is one of a few. While God did create everything we scientifically observe, that does nothing to indicate that the Bible is a scientific book. One of my great grandfathers had a famous saying when we would complain about how stinky the pigs were. "That's the smell of money." Yep. I've seen how hogs are raised. ;)

• Members
Number one your 100% proof is faith, not evidence. Secondly many knowledgeable Biblical scholars disagree with your assessment. That's why I said your interpretation is one of a few. While God did create everything we scientifically observe, that does nothing to indicate that the Bible is a scientific book. One of my great grandfathers had a famous saying when we would complain about how stinky the pigs were. "That's the smell of money." Yep. I've seen how hogs are raised.
;)

You did Observe my JMHO in my post, right? :wave:

• Moderators

Hey My Bad.

so we are in agreement that raising Hogs are more of a financial asset than a financial burden?

:poke:

Not unless it's a large co-op in a climate that can support it, such as the US.:cop:

Interesting scoop.

Israeli Supermarkets to Outlaw Pork

The pig is not the most popular farm animal in the Holy Land. You won

• Members

I work with this guy who says he is half Italian (Mom) and half Jewish (Russian Father). about a month ago he made some comment that he isnt into his Jewish side so much.

today I asked him to cover a job after regular working hours and he says but its Chanukka my Moms cooking dinner tonight!

I'm like last month you said couldnt stand the Heeb's (as he said it) in his family. I'm Italian/Catholic.

the other day he also complained about being on call for Christmas week.......

Pick a {censored}ing side already!

:rolleyes:

I hate when people "use" their religion to benefit themselves

• Moderators

thus the:eekphil: in one of my earlier responces when you was talking about reformed Jews eating Pork on Khanuka, Only in America My friend.

That would be thought of as darn near Blasphemy to eat pork especially during Khanuka if you were in the Holy Land.

your last post pretty much confirms the point I am trying to make. Orthodox Judeo Beliefs do not, to this day eat pork because it is forbidden in the Levitical Law because it It is an unclean beast. Orthodox Jews and even Messianic Jews find Pigs to be a filthy animal and is not to be used as a food source because it is so commanded in the Pentateuch, thou shalt not do so, Paraphrasing of course. because the Lord Jahova Spoke it to Moses. and Aaron, (Leviticus 11) not toeat swine because they are unclean not because they are financially a burden and will eat up all of your grain, is bull{censored} and

any Bible scholar who says different is a {censored}en moron... but that is JMO:)

If you knew anything about Jews, the first thing you'd do is learn how to spell Hanukkah. There are at least 3 different ways to do it, and you've yet to hit the bullseye. Secondly, your postings continue to show that you remain clueless about Reformed Jews, who have no problem eating pork products. The article I posted even suggests that ultra-Orthodox Jews account for only 20% of the population of Jerusalem. That leaves quite a few Reformed and secular Jews to eat some bacon.

As far as your interpretation of Leviticus here we go again. . . .You have no proof, just faith, as previously acknowledged by you ("I am 100% sure that the God of the Penteuteuch knew exactley what he was doing when he inspired the the levitical law forbiding the consumption of pork. God Created all things"), but any biblical scholar who disagrees with you is a fecken moron? and then adding a "JMO?" :eek:

The economy of farming is quite a bit different today than it was in Biblical times. That just happens to be one of many explanations, not necessarily the one I find most likely.

You put an awful bit of weight on Leviticus . . . . . .

Genesis 1:29-30 - Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground

• Members
If you knew anything about Jews, the first thing you'd do is learn how to spell Hanukkah. There are at least 3 different ways to do it, and you've yet to hit the bullseye. Secondly, your postings continue to show that you remain clueless about Reformed Jews, who have no problem eating pork products. The article I posted even suggests that ultra-Orthodox Jews account for only 20% of the population of Jerusalem.

http://biblicalholidays.com/spell_hanukkah.htm
and you don't know as much as you think you do
Have you given one second of thought that I am Hebrew?

you seem to be educated about reformed Jews But dont know {censored} about Hebrew customs and Traditions.
just because you are married to a Hebrew woman does not make you an authorty on Judaisim

argueing with you is pointless because you have the atitude that you already know it all so I guess we are done here.:wave:

Archived