Mango Bass Project

Brother Mango

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Gibson SG...c'mon!

I would draw it out, but I am not artist in that sense...just make the upper horn part extend over the pots you've installed...

gibson-sg-standard.jpg

Got it!

I'm thinking about a design that would be new. Maybe it'd be like a huge splatter of paint, a silhouette of Abe Lincoln, my initials. It's gotta be something that takes full advantage of the opportunity to make a pickguard where none previously existed.

• Members

Right I was trying to come up with idea's for the pickguard that flowed along with your normal wacky scheme of things. :D

I came up with this....

mangobass.jpg

Sorry it's a bit rough, I'm still learning how to use photoshop. :p So I drew it by freehand. The circuit board is supposed to be under a perspex section with blue lights lighting it for effect.

C'mon, if you gots the cool guts in there why not show it off! :thu:

I figured the pickguard kinda flows with the bass a little better than if it was just straightened off at the top. :)

I think Kindness will hate me now. :lol:

• Members
Right I was trying to come up with idea's for the pickguard that flowed along with your normal wacky scheme of things.
:D

I came up with this....

mangobass.jpg

Sorry it's a bit rough, I'm still learning how to use photoshop.
:p
So I drew it by freehand. The circuit board is supposed to be under a perspex section with blue lights lighting it for effect.

C'mon, if you gots the cool guts in there why not show it off!
:thu:
I figured the pickguard kinda flows with the bass a little better than if it was just straightened off at the top.
:)

I think Kindness will hate me now.
:lol:

I like it. What about red lights to match the bass?

• Members

I think if Mango changes his sunburst idea to a simple concentric circle around the dragonfly inlay, that pickguard would be a great match, with or without the window.

Yeah, I figured I'd just throw it in there and see what he thinks. :blah:

The clear panel might look better rounded off a bit. :idk:

• Members
I thought that but red lights and circuit boards don't look cool. I was kinda goin' the look like those "Pimp'd" cars where they show off the circuit boards lit in blue under clear panels the car boot.
:lol::freak:

Red and green might look a little "Christmas-y". But I've never though green and blue go together either. :freak:

• Members
Right I was trying to come up with idea's for the pickguard that flowed along with your normal wacky scheme of things.
:D

Sorry it's a bit rough, I'm still learning how to use photoshop.
:p
So I drew it by freehand. The circuit board is supposed to be under a perspex section with blue lights lighting it for effect.

C'mon, if you gots the cool guts in there why not show it off!
:thu:
I figured the pickguard kinda flows with the bass a little better than if it was just straightened off at the top.
:)

I think Kindness will hate me now.
:lol:

You are getting too deep inside my head. I like this a lot. It's related to drafts that I've been coming up with. Gotta see if I can get a few of my sketches posted.

Great idea!!

• Members

You could drive the lights from the signal from the strings. (well, not directly) So they would flash when you play. Which may be cheesy, but good cheesy or bad cheesy I don't know. :D

But it may be a little useful. It may be a easy way to check if it's in tune (with itself). When you check the tuning between 2 strings, you can hear them beat. You may be able so see the light pulse at the beat rate.

Or since it has an envelope filter built in, there should be a voltage that follows the envelope. Have it change the light from blue to red. :thu:

Archived