If you could be a teenager again, would you?

Thunderbroom

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Well, you know how it is. After you break up with your long-term g.f. you're supposed to bang a bunch of random chicks and hang out in bars with your buddies drinking beer and telling dick jokes
:rolleyes:

Yeah, I know the feeling. :) This is what gives decent guys a bad rap for the girls that get worked over by their ex, when you're the next guy in line.

• Members

I don't think I would. Of course there are things I would do differently and there are things I did between 16 and 21 that are still affecting me in an adverse manner now, but I couldn't take the risk of not ending up with my beau.

Well, I wasn't really thinking of it from that perspective. I was thinking of more "would I go back to being 16 or die right now" sort of thing.

• Members

Nope! It was pretty difficult (especially the late teen years) the first time around. I learned all the lessons necessary to become a fairly sane, humane, and productive person. The older I get the more I appreciate this achievement. I am, to a large extent, the sum of my choices and experiences. So...............no! When I move on ...it will be on to the next life.

PD

• Members
You and me both, buddy.
;)

"wheeee"

Except I didn't do it in school.
:p

But after a while it gets redundant, n'est pas? You wouldn't want to go to to Cedar Point or Disneyland every day either.
:p

I do know that if you've got pre-dispositions, it can be a bad thing. Look what happened to Syd Barrett.

I never thought it old. but it wasnt an everyday thing.

in school it was only a few times. it was the only thing that got me a good grade on shakespear. the teacher thought my analysis of his work was "indepth insightful and vivid" if she only knew...lol

• Moderators

If you could go back to being 16 again and continue the rest of your life from that point forward living it with the knowledge/experience that you now possess, would you?

Well?

Hell, yes. I made a lot of mistakes, many due to lack of knowledge.

• Moderators

if "knowledge/experience" include info such as trend of world financial market, sport stats, or the lottery numbers, hell yeah.

Those would be good, true, but unnecessary. Just knowing at sixteen what I know now about how markets work would be huge.

• Members
If I were 16, I would pick up the bass then!

Not me. I started at 13. :)

hell yeah, I'd go back and be 16 again knowing what I know now. In a heartbeat. that doesn't mean I don't like my life now, I love my life....but there are some things I would definitely do differently.

• Moderators
I want to agree, but I don't think the learning would have any meaning or staying power if you could separate it from the consequences.

The extreme stress I slogged through, delivered by other people...THAT I could live much better without.
:mad:

I also sometimes think that knowing as much as I do (or as much as I *think* I do...
;)
) - would have made me prematurely old back then, and taken away my youth. Part of the fun of being young was figuring out how the world works.

Granted, I wish I coulda figured out some {censored} a lot faster. Starting with the opposite sex.
:D

Hell, Zamfir, I was prematurely old anyway. I was way too serious to have much fun. I've been making up for it since, having lightened up quite a bit since then.

• Moderators

no

I must have dropped 100 times what you did.

25, window pane was for the weekends and microdots or double barreled sunshine was a must before school

I dropped Peyote in Texas in 82 and I tripped for 2 days...

never had any ill effects from it. that I am aware of...lol

all I know is those were some of the most fun times I ever had. I would drop a hit right now if i had one but its been a good 20 years since I have done it and I am sure it is some synthized bogus crap these days

LSD is, and has always been, synthetic.

• Moderators

Going back means you may not have Sean...that's why my answer to this question is no.

What prompted this whole thread was when my daughter stopped by my classroom this afternoon at the college. She was there to have me show her where here classes will be next semester. There is no way in hell I'd take the chance that she wouldn't be my daughter nor would I risk not having my son nor my wife nor ...

That's the real sticking point, innit? Even though we might have relationships and children even better, there's no way to know.

• Members

If I was able to be 16 again? Knowing what I know now? I would go to my parents and embrace them and apologize to them, and say how sorry I was for being such an asswipe. And then I would be the kind of son that they deserved.

Of course that's par for the course at 16, but now that I know that, I'll be eternally grateful that they didn't abandon me in the woods someplace, which is what I deserved.

Oh, and I'd invest every cent I had in a little company called Microsoft. ;)

Archived