Bands who still blow you away...

Bogster

• Members

Is there a band or performer that you personally heard that totally blew you away the first time you heard them and continue to do so every time you listen to them? Can be of any genre, era, or whatever.

There are several that come to mind for me, but one of the most recent was Lost Horizon and their cd Awakening the World. The cd was sent to me by forumite Skippii over a year ago. I dug them from the second I heard them, even though they only put out a second cd before they broke up. Good, good stuff, IMO.

You?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Butch Walker, Flogging Molly and Green Day live have NEVER let me down. They are all fantastic live performances, and for different reasons.

Butch Walker - My Way (the beginning is a funny fake commercial, and the video is like watching his live show)

[YOUTUBE]CdydZ1_vDPI[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Savatage always, always put on a good show in my opinion. And I count myself lucky that I was able to hear all 3 singers for them. Otherwise musically Nevermore always shred it up on stage for me. For a while there the singer was hit or miss depending on when you saw him but since he sobered up he is a hell of a lot better.

• Members

Savatage always, always put on a good show in my opinion. And I count myself lucky that I was able to hear all 3 singers for them. Otherwise musically Nevermore always shred it up on stage for me. For a while there the singer was hit or miss depending on when you saw him but since he sobered up he is a hell of a lot better.

Warrell Dane! Hell, yes! Big, big Nevermore fan, here. I wish they'd hit NE Florida on tour...:(

• Members

i've got to say rush but it really isn't for the bass. the guitar work and the drums just do it for me but the bass isn't slacking at all

I was listening to Rush a few weeks ago, and while I've never been a fan, and I really don't care for Geddy's voice, there is some pretty amazing playing going on there...:thu:

• Members

I was listening to Rush a few weeks ago, and while I've never been a fan, and I really don't care for Geddy's voice, there is some pretty amazing playing going on there...
:thu:

the cool thing about them is...when you are tired of what one of them is doing, listen to what one of the others is doing. repeat over and over. they really work well with each other. alex is one of the most underrated guitarists ever. he can even play 'solos' with chords.

• Members

RHCP blew me away the first two times I saw them but didn't put on as good of show when I saw them for the 3rd time.

I really wish I could say Primus but they were too jam bandish the two concerts I saw them. :cry: They still put on good shows but it didn't "blow me away".

Stone Temple Pilots were fantastic live, but I've only watched one of their shows.

In short, I have no answer to your question. :p

• Members

Railroad Earth continues to kill me. Best band in America, imho

second place for bands still touring: moe.

third place, almost tied with moe: Del McCoury band

Bands that are defunct:

the Grateful Dead

Weather report

Frank Zappa, in any permutation, studio or live

as far as any comparison between Tom Waits and John Hiatt. There is no comparison. Tom Waits is a living god, and John Hiatt is a simplistic 4/4 monkey boy. Imho, of course.

Archived