Bands who still blow you away...

Bogster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are so many. The forementioned Nick Cave, Tom Waits, Richard Thompson, & Fugazi/Minor Threat are all right up there. To them I will add:

Patti Smith
Bad Brains
Pere Ubu
Planxty
Johnny Cash
Steve Earle

And those are just the artists that pretty much nail me where it counts every time. If we expand that to certain songs or albums that grab hold and don't let go, well the list would be too long to post here.

• Members

it's more about performer than entire band for me.
- An aussie guitarist called Tommy Emmanuel. He plays acoustic guitar in a way i never saw before.. incredible. This guy catch you during two hours live, alone with his guitar and completly blows you away. It's a real Killer.

- Drummer Steve Smith: The first time i saw him, it was in this video:http://le.ste.free.fr/divers/steve%20smith/
ok it's with Wooten, but i was much more impressed by Smith than by Wooten in this video. Then i saw Smith live with Vital Tech Tone (don't sure about the band name) and... man !!!! :eek: What a blast. This guy is incredible.

- Then Marcus. I saw him live two times, and each time he blowed me away. Even if i don't like all albums tunes. Live: it's a killer groove.

• Members

it's more about performer than entire band for me.

- An aussie guitarist called Tommy Emmanuel. He plays acoustic guitar in a way i never saw before.. incredible. This guy catch you during two hours live, alone with his guitar and completly blows you away. It's a real Killer.

I've seen this guy play about 9 or so sets the past two years at a blue grass festival. Sooo good, I really dig his aboriginy tune where he plays with a brush stick and ends the song dropping his guitar. Since this is the bass forum some notable bassist that always get me off are Ron Carter, John Patitucci, and Neils Pederson.

For bands I dig Medeski Martin and Wood, Mars Volta, and Ozric Tentacles just to name a few.

• Members

Savatage. Outstanding musicians, incredible live performers, brilliant songs. Pity they sort of just fizzled out without officially announcing it. Their website hasn't been updated since June 05. Really sad, they were one of my favourite bands ever.

Archived