why do all nonconformist look alike?

jonathan_matos5

• Members

You have some truly bitchy/mean/judgmental women in your area.

Ahh, they're everywhere, I should know better. Every now and again It just gets under my skin and I end up dumping on you guys instead. A city of a million people and there's not one other working musician mother who plays rock.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ahh, they're everywhere, I should know better. Every now and again It just gets under my skin and I end up dumping on you guys instead. A city of a million people and there's not one other working musician mother who plays rock.

I think they were just looking down on you because they are stay at home moms who are well kept by their husbands. A working mother is a threat to their "going shopping while my man works" situation.

• Moderators

Yep. And if you dress in a certain fashion (Goth, Preppy, what have you), don't be surprised if you are labeled as such.

This is the "secret" to 98% of what goes on in every situation. It is a simple concept, but skillful understanding and application of the concept unlocks an understanding of the vast majority of the world.

• CMS Author

And if you make comments like JM5, expect to get scrutinized.

I really don't see the point of attitudes like his, life is short... why spend time hating something you don't understand/appreciate?

Oh so all punks vandalize {censored}, all goths wear black and all hippies get high?

Riiiiiiiiight.

And *normal* folks don't vandalize, wear black and get high????

What {censored}ing planet are you on sunshine?

Gee, I dunno....JM5 was poking fun. You're the one with the extreme attitude problem.

• Members

I know I am going to get flamed so save yourself some trouble....I already know how closed minded I am.

If you dress like a freak....dont be shocked when people are disgusted by you.

I dress like a professional, I am not surprised when people look at me like I am not a freak.

The argument is always "I just dress the way I like to dress." That is certainly fine, but lets grow up, everyone knows when they are dressing like a freak, just to get a reaction or be different......dont be shocked when people react to the way you dress.

Let the flames begin.

• Members

I know I am going to get flamed so save yourself some trouble....I already know how closed minded I am.

I dress like a professional, I am not surprised when people look at me like I am not a freak.

The argument is always "I just dress the way I like to dress." That is certainly fine, but lets grow up, everyone knows when they are dressing like a freak, just to get a reaction or be different......dont be shocked when people react to the way you dress.

Let the flames begin.

I bet you have a Fathead of Chairman Mao on the ceiling above your bed.

C7

• Members

Let the flames begin.

Why do you have to be so angry? Why do you get so mad and disgusted by people who are different?

What is it about their strength of character that makes you want to crush them so with your snide little comments and your ignorant attitude? Why are you so afraid of them? Do you think having different people around will make you less of a person? Did you want to be different once only to have it beaten out of you?

Here's a thought, maybe they aren't dressing for you. Maybe they aren't asking for your approval or your opinion. Maybe.... they are just who they are and don't think about you at all until you're up in their face about it. Maybe if you left them alone, you'd stop noticing them altogether and it wouldn't upset you so much.

• Members

Why do you have to be so angry? Why do you get so mad and disgusted by people who are different?

What is it about their strength of character that makes you want to crush them so with your snide little comments and your ignorant attitude? Why are you so afraid of them? Do you think having different people around will make you less of a person? Did you want to be different once only to have it beaten out of you?

Here's a thought, maybe they aren't dressing for you. Maybe they aren't asking for your approval or your opinion. Maybe.... they are just who they are and don't think about you at all until you're up in their face about it. Maybe if you left them alone, you'd stop noticing them altogether and it wouldn't upset you so much.

damn straight.

• Members

I made no snide comments, and I dont see "strength of character" in fact, you cannot show strength of character by the way you dress. Actions affecting others are the only things that can show true "character"

If you are not asking for, or seeking approval, then the lack of approval would have no real significance to you.

Really....if you goth punks are going to argue....lets argue with some amount of logic.

Flame On

• Members

I agree completely with you, yet I really don't think it applies to the picture that started this thread.

These kids aren't dressing that way for themselves. They're following a trend. It's proven by the actual picture. You have 30+ kids gathered around all trying to get attention by dressing in a popular, yet "different" way, and attempting to act out. Whether by wearing dark makeup, flipping off the camera, or acting like they're a badass.

They aren't expressing themselves - they're just following a clique.

I'd also just like to add that I completely disagree with landbriancoe. You CAN express yourself in your outward appearance. I'm not saying the sheep/kids in the original pic are doing so, but they aren't an example of the entire populace of the world now, are they?

• Members
I made no snide comments, and I dont see "strength of character" in fact, you cannot show strength of character by the way you dress. Actions affecting others are the only things that can show true "character"

If you are not asking for, or seeking approval, then the lack of approval would have no real significance to you.

Really....if you goth punks are going to argue....lets argue with some amount of logic.

Flame On

It takes much more strength of character to be the person you want to be regardless of what other people think or say than it does to be like everyone else, and spout disapproval based upon a perceived status as a member of the majority. You're no better than the dude that picks fights when all of his friends are around, but cowers when he's caught without support.
And you're right, the lack of approval doesn't mean anything to people that dress outrageously, but it sure makes them feel good that it makes guys like you uncomfortable, and it makes them feel especially good when guys like you prove their true value as people by trying to make others think they're more valuable as people. Get it?

Further, the fact that you're asking us to flame you screams "Pay attention to me! Pay attention to me!" How are you any different than they are?
I love running into people like you when they're ridiculing others, it's by far my favorite kind of confrontation, because it's always amazing how little guys like you have to say when someone that's "normal" looking makes them look like a douchebag in front of people he considers to be inferior to himself. They either stutter like chumps, or get really angry and act like children because they can't handle being the person getting ridiculed and belittled. It's why you're "normal" in the first place.:idea:
C7

• Members

He just seems like your average forum troll to me, getting his kicks by aggravating people, toying with them on topics which will cause conflict :idk:

I wonder what non-conformists will look like in 30 years time, when i'm an old fart :lol:

Archived