why do all nonconformist look alike?

jonathan_matos5

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes because they all look alike..........................

If they like dressing that way, then that's their bag.

I don't even know what your point is, they are not conforming to what ever the status quo is and are still a minority... or would you be happy if there was just one of them... or is there a number in your head Jm5?

Why do you even care, if it makes someone happy then {censored} it as long as there not hurting anyone or breaking the law, then pass it round as far as i'm concerned.

Hippies don't look like goths and punks don't look like metal heads.

Get a {censored}ing clue for gods sake man, i'll trade one for your G&L if you want.

• Members

I get, and basically agree with, the point of the post. Pretty much the same as "why do all conformists look alike?" But still, you gotta at least give it up a little for the kid in the front. That takes balls to walk around dressed like that, HotTopic crap or not. I dare you to go to school surrounded by all the football-frat-boy-types in that getup. Sh*t, it's got a cape! Plus, he/she/it is obviously thinking ahead and allowing for "room to grow" so that the outfit won't be too small in just a couple of months. Go kid.

• Members

Yesterday I went to the mall to exchange a gift. I was walking through and these two 'ladies' stared at me snidely and when I walked by I overheard one of them say "I can't believe they let them in here," and the other one was talking at the same time, but I caught "...terrible Mom," from her.

The funny thing was that I was talking and joking around with my kids and they were letting their kids wander around aimlessly while they slurped their coffee.

I'm not sure why my appearance makes other Moms so mad and offensive. I just do my hair and dress the way I do because I like it. I think of something in my head and then I make it happen. It never occurs to me to think about how it might affect random strangers in the mall. They sure have no problems letting me know when I've crossed the line in their eyes though. :freak:

• Members

Yesterday I went to the mall to exchange a gift. I was walking through and these two 'ladies' stared at me snidely and when I walked by I overheard one of them say "I can't believe they let them in here," and the other one was talking at the same time, but I caught "...terrible Mom," from her.

The funny thing was that I was talking and joking around with my kids and they were letting their kids wander around aimlessly while they slurped their coffee.

I'm not sure why my appearance makes other Moms so mad and offensive. I just do my hair and dress the way I do because I like it. I think of something in my head and then I make it happen. It never occurs to me to think about how it might affect random strangers in the mall. They sure have no problems letting me know when I've crossed the line in their eyes though.
:freak:

pics now!:poke:

:D

• Members

Yes because they all look alike..........................

If they like dressing that way, then that's their bag.

I don't even know what your point is, they are not conforming to what ever the status quo is and are still a minority... or would you be happy if there was just one of them... or is there a number in your head Jm5?

Why do you even care, if it makes someone happy then {censored} it as long as there not hurting anyone or breaking the law, then pass it round as far as i'm concerned.

Hippies don't look like goths and punks don't look like metal heads.

Get a {censored}ing clue for gods sake man, i'll trade one for your G&L if you want.

but break that down and all hippies look alike, all goths look alike and all punks look alike.:blah: and the only differences between those groups are when and how they didnt conform. for example punks and their vandalism, goths dressing in black, and hippies and their being high.

• Members

And if you make comments like JM5, expect to get scrutinized.

I really don't see the point of attitudes like his, life is short... why spend time hating something you don't understand/appreciate?

but break that down and all hippies look alike, all goths look alike and all punks look alike.
:blah:
and the only differences between those groups are when and how they didnt conform. for example punks and their vandalism, goths dressing in black, and hippies and their being high.

Oh so all punks vandalize {censored}, all goths wear black and all hippies get high?

Riiiiiiiiight.

And *normal* folks don't vandalize, wear black and get high????

What {censored}ing planet are you on sunshine?

• Members

And if you make comments like JM5, expect to get scrutinized.

I really don't see the point of attitudes like his, life is short... why spend time hating something you don't understand/appreciate?

Oh so all punks vandalize {censored}, all goths wear black and all hippies get high?

Riiiiiiiiight.

And *normal* folks don't vandalize, wear black and get high????

What {censored}ing planet are you on sunshine?

i dont have an attitude nor am i hating anybody im just posing a question as to why people do the same stuff as other people and then claim that they are not conforming to the normal. to me it seems that to truly not conform you would not have people to copy :blah:

as for the hippies ive never met a hippie that wasn't also into getting high at some point in there life:poke:. as for other people wearing black they dont wear only black with dark makeup. i will admit that people other than punks commit acts of vandalism but i wouldnt be surprised if they were drunk and listening to punk music at the same time.:p:poke:

• Members

they may be a little younger and a little weirder than the "non Conformists" of the 60's but non conformity doesnt really go away. it just becomes more weird to you the older you get .

congrats, you have turned into your parents

lol

actually my parents were hippies so by conforming im the nonconformist :o

:freak:

Archived