OT: I pulled the trigger on a Bullitt

walkerci

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I like it a lot. It's simple and purely functional.

I can't stand all of the goofy {censored} that they put on sports cars. Most cars are actually faster without those stupid ass spoilers. My Mother-in-laws boyfriend has a newer Mach I with an automatic transmission for {censored} sake, but it sure does look fast.

Straight up. My youngest son (13 yr) was complaining that the car didn't have a spoiler!:rolleyes:

Stop by next time you are in FL and you can take it for a spin.

• Members
Straight up. My youngest son (13 yr) was complaining that the car didn't have a spoiler!
:rolleyes:

:eek::mad:

It makes me sad when I see American V8's going around riced out. I've seen a few around here with the big 3 foot civic spoilers. I don't like it on imports either but it's at least to be expected... But a camaro or charger? :cry:

• Members

It's a date! :love:

I'm hoping to get a trip to Florida sometime in the next year where I actually have time to visit some folks. Maybe I'll fly down and rent a charger so we can do a re-enactment of the famous scene that gave your car fame. :D

• Members
Nice ride, congrats.
:thu:
The dealer where I bought my mustang has a Shelby on the floor that's got the dashboard signed by Carroll himself and the engine's signed by some famous tech who massaged it or something. $15,000 up-charge for this........$61,000.
:eek:

Sweet ride! I had a '99 Cobra and a 2003 Cobra and loved them both. Then the new Shelby came out. No IRS, very heavy and the dealers all want $12,000-15,000 over sticker for them. I bought a Z06 instead.

• Members

Sweet ride! I had a '99 Cobra and a 2003 Cobra and loved them both. Then the new Shelby came out. No IRS, very heavy and the dealers all want $12,000-15,000 over sticker for them. I bought a Z06 instead.

HA!!! The Z06 would rock that car anyways. The last Z06 (2006?) would rock a Ferrari.

Did you see the new ZR1 they coming out with? It's crazy...and expensive.

• CMS Author

Straight up. My youngest son (13 yr) was complaining that the car didn't have a spoiler!
:rolleyes:

+1

I had a choice of the one I bought or another with the Pony Package. It was like $1800 extra for foglights, a spoiler, and the sided stripes that I can't stand (they look like a Pep Boys stripe kit to me, sorry). Nahh, I really don't need any of that. I've got 17" mags with Pirelli Pnero Zero's that stick like glue, the engine's got enough power to get in and out of trouble, the ride is comfortable, and the sound system is good. This is my daily driver, and it's better than a Fusion or a Taurus in every respect. In fact, one reason I got it, which'll piss off the purists, is that I can put a hitch on it to tow a small trailer for my gear and other stuff.:lol: The other choices couldn't take a hitch. win-win.

• Members

Those dealers are all nuts. I really wanted a 08 Vette with 3LT, Z51, and NPP. Problem is that the Vette was almost twice the price and doesn't have a back seat which I will need for the next few years.:cry:

The Z06 is really awesome. A true supercar.:love:

• CMS Author

Do the new cobras have solid? My '99 had independent rear.

I
:love:
the new shelby's.

The Shelby Cobra GT500 has a solid axle. The IRS on the older models had problems, and would not be able to handle the higher horsepower very well. All things considered, the solid axle is a good decision for the newer models. And it's retro!!!:D

• CMS Author

Solid rear axle? Ain't that a bit... sluggish and outdated?

Not that it matters too much in a musclecar, though.

For straight-line acceleration, nothing keeps the wheels on the road like a solid axle with control arms. For the twisty's, a good independent rear axle will whip the solid's butt.

Detroit muscle's never really been about curves.....

• Members

I really have to wonder how much the average street driver will get out of an independent rear suspension. Sure, it's a great performance spec that looks good on paper and an "real" sports car will have one, but unless you're racing autocross or tempting fate on mountain back roads with a $30k+ car on the weekends, you'll probably never know the difference.

• CMS Author

I really have to wonder how much the average street driver will get out of an independent rear suspension. Sure, it's a great performance spec that looks good on paper and an "real" sports car will have one, but unless you're racing autocross or tempting fate on mountain back roads with a $30k+ car on the weekends, you'll probably never know the difference.

Exactly. According to Ford it would have added $6000 to the msrp for an independent rear. Frankly, I'd have passed on the car for that price.

• Members

Exactly. According to Ford it would have added $6000 to the msrp for an independent rear. Frankly, I'd have passed on the car for that price.

from what I heard some Cobra owners with IRS were complaining that at the strip the IRS would become a propeller and twist when the torque was applied to the rear wheels. The solid axel won't be so prone to do that and Mustangs are all about stoplights and straight lines and the sweetest exhaust note known to man, if you want to do twisties get a Porsche:thu:

• Members

from what I heard some Cobra owners with IRS were complaining that at the strip the IRS would become a propeller and twist when the torque was applied to the rear wheels. The solid axel won't be so prone to do that and Mustangs are all about stoplights and straight lines and the sweetest exhaust note known to man, if you want to do twisties get a Porsche:thu:

Exactly.

• CMS Author

Yeah, they had problems....

• Members

I was always on the stangnet boards. I never heard this once, but I'm sure someone complained. They were trying to make the cobra into something that it's not, but still the price for it is silly. People who pay that much are doing it for nostalgia, IMO.

Archived