OT: I pulled the trigger on a Bullitt

walkerci

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • CMS Author

I agree on you on this one, really. Allthough Twin turbocharging with one small and one larger turbo helps, and from what I've heard, the new variable geometry turbocharger, as in the new Porsche 911 Turbo, is quite good and lag-free, as well. Turbolag sucks.

And the whine from a big supercharger just sounds awesome on top of a huge engine.
:)

You bet your ass it does. And nothing to get in the way of the compression blast of that exhaust note. :evil:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i love superchargers as they are great for daily driver applications (equal power added everywhere... at least on most systems). i love turbos as well, but for different applications. turbos make bigger power in general, but obviously the bigger you go, the more lag you encounter. like mytola said, sequential turbo systems aren't as bad with one small turbo spooling before the bigger one (such as the toyota supra setups), and the new porsche variable vane turbo is excellent. can't complain about lag there - 450-500+ tq @ 1900rpms. for a drag car i'd prefer a turbo because once you get off the line, you're using only a window of a few thousand rpm's up top so a supercharger with low end grunt really wouldn't be much help. again, it's just different setups for different uses. we're in the middle of dropping an ls1/ls6 hybrid into our '72 corvette and i really want to get a nice whipple setup or something along the lines of that. massive torque and great for roasting tires (i'd rather roast tires than clutches or halfshafts)

• Members

Chuck,

Other than the obvious cosmetics, how does the Bullitt differ from the GT?

It's really a Stealth car. You can drive it very fast and not attract a lot of (unwanted) attention. I'm getting PBA plates anyway and a Radar/Laser detector.

It's got a few more horsepower, better acceleration due to the rear, better handling, shifts faster and smoother than the GT.

Scroll down to The Adventure Begins (Again)...

http://www.imboc.com/main/

• Members
I'll have to check.

The handling, ride, acceleration, braking, transmission, etc are amazing.

I've driven a lot of cars, Porsches, BMW 540, Vettes, etc and this car simply rocks.

100 MPH feels like 50 MPH in other cars.

But the best part is the roar at WOT. Sweet Jesus!
:cry:

I'll have to hook an SM57 up to my laptop and record it for y'all.

I'd recommend something with a better low end response, like an AKG D112

Archived