OT: I pulled the trigger on a Bullitt

walkerci

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Heh, heh.
:thu:

I know the Mach Is have independent rear suspension, but do the Bullitts have IRS, too, or do they use solid axles?

I'll have to check.

The handling, ride, acceleration, braking, transmission, etc are amazing.

I've driven a lot of cars, Porsches, BMW 540, Vettes, etc and this car simply rocks.

100 MPH feels like 50 MPH in other cars.

But the best part is the roar at WOT. Sweet Jesus!:cry:

I'll have to hook an SM57 up to my laptop and record it for y'all.

• Members

Thanks! Wait until we get a damn singer.

I'm not a Ford guy by any means, but no love for the Cobra? Even I would take one of those...nothing wrong with 390 supercharged HP. And that's on the models that are a few years old...

Ahh I forgot about the Cobra. There are like 50 mustang variations, was bound to forget to add one. I forgot the Saleen too. But the saleen is more about trim, not performance. But they are indeed sexy.

Maybe I should just requalify my statement. "Base model mustangs are Bitchcars". No v6 or GT for me please.

• Members

Ahh I forgot about the Cobra. There are like 50 mustang variations, was bound to forget to add one. I forgot the Saleen too. But the saleen is more about trim, not performance. But they are indeed sexy.

Maybe I should just requalify my statement. "Base model mustangs are Bitchcars". No v6 or GT for me please.

The V6 is the bitchcar. :poke:

Saleens are far from an appearance thing-have you ever checked out what's under the hood of some of them?

• Members

The V6 is the bitchcar. :poke:

Saleens are far from an appearance thing-have you ever checked out what's under the hood of some of them?

Some of them yes. Not all of them. :)

Not saying all of them are little pansy cars, just saying the saleen is more about cool trim than straight performance like some of the other versions.

But I think we're getting a little off topic and taking away from his new gear :D

• Members

Nice ride, congrats.
The dealer where I bought my mustang has a Shelby on the floor that's got the dashboard signed by Carroll himself and the engine's signed by some famous tech who massaged it or something. $15,000 up-charge for this........$61,000.
:eek:

I rented a few V6s some coupes and 'verts. Both are very nice cars and a good performers too. For a daily driver, I would have bought a V6 myself.:wave:

My Bullitt will sit in the garage waiting for sunny weekend.

To your point, there are many left over 2007 models on dealer floors.

Mostly "massaged" by Roush, Saleen, Shelby, dealers, etc. Those puppies will sell for a lot less than the dealer has invested in them. Every month on the floor the dealer loses between $500 and $800. I'll bet those "designer" models lose value much faster than a factory model. So laugh all the way to the bank.

I am betting that a limited run factory model hold it's value far better.

I almost picked up a 2007 Roush (supercharger only, no plastic Speed Racer bits) last week. The dealer tried to play games with me, so I walked.

More than one dealer told me flat out that they can sell every Bullitt they can get for $5000+ over MSRP to Europeans. I got mine for MSRP.:mad:

In any case, I don't care if a Saleen or Shelby or Roush is a bit faster.

I didn't buy the car to race it.

It does everything I want and it's a childhood dream finally realized.:)

• Members

In any case, I don't care if a Saleen or Shelby or Roush is a bit faster.

I didn't buy the car to race it.

It does everything I want and it's a childhood dream finally realized.
:)

That's got to feel good, congrats.:cool: My car dream is to have a sweet yellow manual trans 'Vette. Someday...

• Members

I like it a lot. It's simple and purely functional.

I can't stand all of the goofy {censored} that they put on sports cars. Most cars are actually faster without those stupid ass spoilers. My Mother-in-laws boyfriend has a newer Mach I with an automatic transmission for {censored} sake, but it sure does look fast.

Archived