Favorite two-piece bands/duos

y-o-y

• Members

i liked when mike gordon sat in with the duo. they played a cool version of mikes song.

I actually much prefer them without Mike Gordon.

another interesting duo borne out of the jamband scene: Mike Gordon and Leo Kottke.

• Members

Interesting...and they both ended up on the Saturday Night Live band.

That band, when GE was there was really tight. I loved it.

Me, too. T-Bone used to write a column in Guitar for the Practicing Musician back in the 80's, and he helped me out a lot. And he was really great with Hall & Oates, IMO.

Back on topic, I'll go ahead and mention Dos, since noone else has.

dos-070301.jpg

Kira, formerly of Black Flag, and demigod Mike Watt, formerly of Minutemen and fIREHOSE.

(This is the first time I've seen that bass in Kira's hands. Who can tell me what it is?)

• Members

Me, too. T-Bone used to write a column in Guitar for the Practicing Musician back in the 80's, and he helped me out a lot. And he was really great with Hall & Oates, IMO.

Back on topic, I'll go ahead and mention Dos, since noone else has.

dos-070301.jpg

Kira, formerly of Black Flag, and demigod Mike Watt, formerly of Minutemen and fIREHOSE.

(This is the first time I've seen that bass in Kira's hands. Who can tell me what it is?)

OMG...forgot about Dos! Not bad when a divorced couple can still keep working together.

• Members

Agree, especially when the two of them are such icons.

Seriously, which female bassist is cooler than Kira? The question is rhetorical, as no woman can touch her. We already know NOONE is cooler than Watt. That makes them the coolest possible couple in the bass kingdom.

• Members

Agree, especially when the two of them are such icons.

Seriously, which female bassist is cooler than Kira? The question is rhetorical, as no woman can touch her. We already know NOONE is cooler than Watt. That makes them the coolest possible couple in the bass kingdom.

+1,000,000

Here's a few others that haven't come up yet worth mentioning...

Duotang

Inbreds

But next to Dos, Clatter is it. Period.

Archived