So i went to VIVA burrito co.

Trauma_Luna

• Members

Hell, ever try Chipotle?
:freak:

Yep. I just went there for lunch, for the first time. Carnitas soft tacos with shredded cheese, sour cream, iceberg lettuce and tomatillo chile salsa, and a Negra Modelo. The beer was the best part of the meal.

I'm lucky. There are three family-owned taquerias within two miles of my house, and they're all decent. I can get three tacos, chips and salsa and a beer for @ $7. :thu:

• Members

I moved to virginia from texas...

Man, I haven't had good mexican in a year and a half
:cry:

yo last time i was in va i had some kick-ass mexican food

total {censored}e hole, the menu's were like done with magic marker and {censored}

but the enchilada's owned, and the negra was cold and everything was cheap

• Members

Those of us who hail from New Mexico would tell you you haven't had
good
Mexican food yet!!!

:p:D

I agree with Funkee, as I am a once and future resident of New Mexico myself. It may be the best regional cuisine in the country!

After NM I moved to San Diego and fell in love with the fish tacos from Rubio's. I miss them so much!

Here in Tejas the Mexican and Tex-Mex is pretty good, so I don't suffer. Very little good Chinese or Italian food, though.

• Members

Ever try Taco Bell?

:p

Taco Bell is it's own category of food. It is what it is.

One taco supreme crunchy, one tostata, and one bean burrito minus red plus green please. And way too much mild sauce. No, no thanks, the mild tastes better.

• Members

I agree with Funkee, as I am a once and future resident of New Mexico myself. It may be the best regional cuisine in the country!

After NM I moved to San Diego and fell in love with the fish tacos from Rubio's. I miss them so much!

Here in Tejas the Mexican and Tex-Mex is pretty good, so I don't suffer. Very little good Chinese or Italian food, though.

There's no problem getting good Mexican food in any of the border states. Texas has good Mexican food but New Mexico is the only place for New Mexican food. Now Chinese, my wife is Chinese and we never go out for it. There's two or three good Italian places in town.

• Members

There's no problem getting good Mexican food in any of the border states. Texas has good Mexican food but New Mexico is the only place for New Mexican food. Now Chinese, my wife is Chinese and we never go out for it. There's two or three good Italian places in town.

Wow, your wife is Chinese? I didn't know that! :thu:

That's one thing my girlfriend laments about living in Oklahoma - the lack of passable Chinese food. Personally, I never ate anything resembling Asian food until we started going out.

At least the Mexican food here is quite good. At least for someone who grew up in Montana ;)

• Members

Wow, your wife is Chinese? I didn't know that!
:thu:

That's one thing my girlfriend laments about living in Oklahoma - the lack of passable Chinese food. Personally, I never ate anything resembling Asian food until we started going out.

Vietnamese noodle soups, especially ph?, is the closest we can get to Chinese. If you haven't tried it take your GF to one of those places. My wife loves it. If you do but aren't feeling real adventurous try bun, especially bun thit nuong (rice noodles with grilled pork) or bun tom thit nuong (rice noodles with grilled shrimp and pork).

• Members

Vietnamese noodle soups, especially ph?, is the closest we can get to Chinese. If you haven't tried it take your GF to one of those places. My wife loves it. If you do but aren't feeling real adventurous try bun, especially bun thit nuong (rice noodles with grilled pork) or bun tom thit nuong (rice noodles with grilled shrimp and pork).

Don't worry, the Vietnamese noodle house (a ph? place) is the girlfriend's favorite...but I can't stand it. I may have to try your recommendations. We (well, she) actually ate there on Thanksgiving. My life has definitely taken a turn toward "interesting" since we started dating. :D

• Members

Don't worry, the Vietnamese noodle house (a ph? place) is the girlfriend's favorite...but I can't stand it. I may have to try your recommendations. We (well, she) actually ate there on Thanksgiving. My life has definitely taken a turn toward "interesting" since we started dating.
:D

Ph? is an "acquired" taste but I love it. I started eating it long before I met my wife. Every 'murican I've taken has really liked bun, though. You get a little bowl of sauce, n??c ch?m, with it. Dump that over the noodles and enjoy. :thu:

• Members

Ph? is an "acquired" taste but I love it. I started eating it long before I met my wife. Every 'murican I've taken has really liked bun, though. You get a little bowl of sauce, n??c ch?m, with it. Dump that over the noodles and enjoy.
:thu:

I know that feeling. How did that phrase go... "My girlfriend is a vegetarian, so that pretty much means I am too."

Archived