Nickelback does Metalica

RIC N BACKER

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i generally ignore lyrics unless they are particulalrly awesome or obviously {censored}.

Same here. They're an element, but they are no where near the most important element to a good song. Every band that's considered 'great' by any standard, has more than enough examples of retarded lyrics. That is not a valid excuse for all the hate thrown at Nickelback. They're not my favorite band, but they are a totally solid, polished, and accomplished band. Bass players should be able to recognize that. I'd expect the hate more from 12 year olds or the stereotypical guitards.

• Members

I agree. Besides, there is a lot of music out there I can't understand the lyrics to anyway.

To me, if a song has lyrics, they are just as important as any other aspect of the song. A song can only be as strong as its weakest point. If the melody is weak, the song is weak. If the rhythm structure doesn't work, the song doesn't work. etc etc etc.

• Members

regardless of who's smarter, a nickleback fan would definitely lose a mixed martial arts fight to a metallica fan. no matter what.

i'm not so sure of that. i don't even think a metallica fan could win a weed smoking contest against a nickelback fan.

they could probably win a better bald spot contest.

• Members

nickleback fans smoke weed? i thought they just drove around in new Vw beatles looking totally cool blastin that new kroeger jam he did with santana off there radical new iphone.

maybe. there are a bunch of big rednecks around here that love them.

Archived