Nickelback does Metalica

RIC N BACKER

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am going to be called gullible if I try and look up this song on youtube? If that is really a Nickelback song, I'm going to go revisionist history here and say that I totally meant the pun.

I'm not going to call you anything! Yeah...it's a real song. I think it's the name...

I know what you meant...I'm just being a pain. :thu:

• Members

Wrong.

Had Corgan offed himself in the height of his career and Cobain stuck around, it'd be the same way.

i'm never wrong.

billy corgan is a whiny coddled douche.

he has written some good tunes, but he will never be a legend.

kurt cobain was the real deal.

besides, anyone who possibly can argue that nickelback is a happening band has zero validity in any argument.

• Members

I'm not going to call you anything! Yeah...it's a real song. I think it's the name...

I know what you meant...I'm just being a pain.
:thu:

Unfortunately google is telling me the song title must be something else :cry: I was really looking forward to the excellent accidental pun, too :wave::cool:

• Members

i'm never wrong.

besides, anyone who possibly can argue that nickelback is a happening band has zero validity in any argument.

That's just a statement of opinion, as Billy didn't pull a bull{censored} "Oh i'm too famous, i need to off my skull with a shotgun" routine. Want to talk about pretentious douchebags? Case and point, right atcha.

• Members

i'm never wrong.

+1. Although Cobain works on my nerves after awhile

• Members

hahahaha. Corgan is infinitely more talented as a songwriter and guitarist than Cobain could have ever been. You make some bad jokes!

billy corgan has not made a single career move that hasnt been calculated since he was jamming along to EVH records.

He is a fake and a joke.

The only thing about Billy Corgan that is great is his guitar tone.

And i like the pumpkins a bit.

• Members

IMHO, lyrics are what is most important in a song. If a band can hook a person in an emotional level through their words than the band can have longevity. Most progressive bands like Floyd, Dream Theater, The Who, and Queensryche tend to have great lyricyst and solid fan bases. There are many successful musicians out there that would still be in the bars if it were not for people who do nothing but write words. Think country music.

• Members

Since Dime was mentioned, this is Side of a Bullet, which they wrote about him. I realize you h8orz will slam this no matter what, but it's kind of a rockin' song no matter what your personal views are. Sound quality of this site sucks though.

http://www.musicremedy.com/audio/index.cfm?FuseAction=ShowAudioPlayer&AudioId=13344&Quality=5

• Members

Since Dime was mentioned, this is Side of a Bullet, which they wrote about him. I realize you h8orz will slam this no matter what, but it's kind of a rockin' song no matter what your personal views are. Sound quality of this site sucks though.

Yeah I like that song too.

• Members

Most progressive bands like Floyd, Dream Theater, The Who, and Queensryche tend to have great lyricyst and solid fan bases.

It's pretty funny that you talk about Dream Theater. I'm unsure if you're saying they write good lyrics or not though.

James LaBrie doesn't write any of the lyrics...Portnoy and Petrucci do. LeBrie is a tool...and a large part of why people don't like the band. He sucks live...but is good in the studio. The fan base you talk about mainly like the band for the musical abilities...and the complexity of their music...not the lyrics.

DT is one of my biggest influences...as with the rest of my band.

Archived