Is there any way to find out of your phone is tapped?

Psilocybin

• Members

Lately I have been noticing some odd stuff with my phone. My girlfriend is convinced our phone is tapped due to an ongoing investigation of her scumbag brother (who calls to talk with her from time to time). If it was tapped. Is there really any way of knowing?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ever hear of ECHELON? everyone's phones, cells, email, text etc is tapped all the time

Yup.

My bro tested it before by sending a text message as a test with very specific words but in a random order that made no sense. He received a call about 5 minutes later but the line was dead. :freak:

• Members

Lately I have been noticing some odd stuff with my phone. My girlfriend is convinced our phone is tapped due to an ongoing investigation of her scumbag brother (who calls to talk with her from time to time). If it was tapped. Is there really any way of knowing?

Get a friend to call you posing as the scumbag brother and get him to talk to you about delivering a package around your place right away. Organise for him to turn up to you place in 1 hour wearing a hoodie and carrying a large envelope packed full of any non-illegal substance.

If there is a rather strong police presence at your place coinciding with the arrival of your mate, you'll know if your phone is tapped. ;)

• Members

Get a friend to call you posing as the scumbag brother and get him to talk to you about delivering a package around your place right away. Organise for him to turn up to you place in 1 hour wearing a hoodie and carrying a large envelope packed full of any non-illegal substance.

If there is a rather strong police presence at your place coinciding with the arrival of your mate, you'll know if your phone is tapped.
;)

:lol:

Get him to bring a bag of donuts by. :p

• Members

Really? Is this true or some urban legend?

If it is true, must be one HELL of a lot of storage capacity. Wow.

Surprisingly phone conversations can be compressed to take up very little storage space at all.

My Company uses a call recording system called "Verint". When we first put this system online we recorded every in and outbound call made from/to our company. There were approximately some 600,000 calls recorded over a 3 month period. All this recorded call information took up less than 5 gig storage space on our server. This system not only recorded the audio feed from the call but a replay of the agents desktop activity during the course of each call.

Just an example.

• Members

Bull{censored}!

There is simply not enough computer power or humans to monitor every telephone call.

If you aren't engaged in any illegal activity, you have nothing to fear.

I'd make sure my roommates and friends aren't doing anything unlawful also.

Seriously.

• Members

If there is a rather strong police presence at your place coinciding with the arrival of your mate, you'll know if your phone is tapped.
;)

That is very close to my idea! :idea: Just not as thought out as yours...

• Members

Didn't you know?

Everyone has their phone tapped. Just ask Eliot.

Patriot Act. ;)

• Members

privacy is important. The phone companies shouldn't get off scott-free (Where does that term come from.) when responding to requests that are not court ordered. As to if you're not doing anything illegal, what ever happened to presumed innocent until proven guilty? No one wants to know about your sex life anyway.

Archived