Has anyone tried the Epi Allen Woody sig?

seraphim7s

• Members

Not sure if this is valid enough to post----I played one for about a half hour at Guitar Center a few months ago before Christmas. I plugged it into GK1001RB into an Ampeg 4x10. I would not suggest this combination!! hehehe The bass itself felt VERY comfortable and enjoyable to play, particularly sitting down. I wanted to play it with a pick tho, not my fingers. It seems to be a one trip pony, but with the right amp it might do a very good trick!!

• Members

I played one, and it did what it was made to do. Played through and ampeg, it did a great job at hitting the tone that allen woody had when he played in gov't mule. A little too Allen Woody, for his work with Allman Brothers, if that makes any sense. his playing and tone with gov't mule was a LOT more aggressive.

It's also really easy for the allen woody bass, aka the rumblekat, to get muddy in a hurry. But if you like that gov't mule kinda sound, the bass is amazing. I'd have one myself, but I couldn't get used to the short scale.

• Members

Okay, I can't give a full review right now. I just got back from having surgery at the hospital and figure I'll probably be sleeping again in a few moments BUT

I can't resist singing the praises of this bass. It's got great tone, it's beastly growly but doesn't distort. It's got GREAT mids. I play it through my Peavey T-Max head and it's definitely not a "one trick pony." This is a great blues-y rock bass. It's light (as it's a semi-hollow) and looks great! I totally reccomend this bass to someone looking for a shortscale. It's exactly what I wanted. (I'll give more of a review once I'm not drugged up.)

• Members

Okay, I can't give a full review right now. I just got back from having surgery at the hospital and figure I'll probably be sleeping again in a few moments BUT

I can't resist singing the praises of this bass. It's got great tone, it's beastly growly but doesn't distort. It's got GREAT mids. I play it through my Peavey T-Max head and it's definitely not a "one trick pony." This is a great blues-y rock bass. It's light (as it's a semi-hollow) and looks great! I totally reccomend this bass to someone looking for a shortscale. It's exactly what I wanted. (I'll give more of a review once I'm not drugged up.)

Hope you feel better soon. :wave::)

• Members

I've had mine about a year now,and I really dig it.I've kept rounds on it just because I had some laying around here.I really want to try it with flats though,everyone says it really captures the Hofner vibe.Word of warning,it spoils you because it plays so well.It's Butta!!!!!

• Members

Hope everything went well. Best wishes for a full and fast recovery.

Archived