NBD - 17 year wait is over - RB950 has landed

Renfield

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Sad to see a man so in love with his bass.......and now falling out of love.
:(

I know, it kills me. On principle I convinced myself that I loved the bass for a long time, but I just don't play it enough to justify keeping it, I need to keep a lean stable these days, money is tight.

It's got a very aggressive Ric-like tone, and can vary that up a fair bit with all it's control options, but for my current needs/tastes it's just a little too thin. All of my basses are aggressive sounding, it's just the most so by far, so I don't really need a third aggro bass. The next one will be for deep, deep bass instead.

I loved the bass when I was 17, but I never owned it per se, just loved to play it in the store and my tastes then differ a little from what they do now I suppose.

I am glad that I got "the one that got away," it is just unfortunate that it isn't the be all for me.

If I sell it, 100% of the money is going to buy parts to build the bass that I need to fill in the missing sonic canvas in my stable.

Interestingly enough, I've lusted after a pair of pickups for almost as long as that bass. Pickups that do have the fat warm tone that is missing that the RB950 can't fill, at that.

Pickups that are on the way to me care of SolderJunky no less.

So as it happens, I am selling one bass that I once lusted after, to finance and build the one that I still do want to build.

• Members

If I sell it, 100% of the money is going to buy parts to build the bass that I need to fill in the missing sonic canvas in my stable.

The Blue one???? I remember calling dibs on that :love:

I've also lusted after that model since I getting an Ibanez catalog back in the early 80s. I really wanted the cherry burst on birdseye one :)

If you are selling, PM me the details... I might have to make some money available!

• Members

:mad:

Fair enough. He can have first dibs.
:thu:

If you don't want Mr. Hart....let me know.

It's true, James did call dibs on it. I'll think on it over the next few days and get back to you. It's mostly pending the pups that are on the way, if they are what I think they are, the bass can go in favour of becoming cash for parts.

• Members

It sucks selling stuff; I have been there as well... what sucks even worse is buying something for the second time, esp. when you pay more for it the 2nd time around (guilty, d'oh!)...

Yeah, I paid almost double for it this time what it went for 17 years ago, and will likely have to take a big hit on it when I off it too. :cry:

• Members

Hey Renfeild, I'm not sure I've ever seen a picture of you,in full. I think so far it's just been tats up close.

Not that I have anything to say about your appearance... Just an observation.....

Are you on FB? You can find me in the HCBF group there. I've posted my ugly mug here a few times in "real" pic threads and the like, I guess you just missed it. :idk:

Archived