Maybe we won't need to upgrade SX anymore

sunburstbasser

• Members

I prefer heavy than light.

Why?

I don't know how heavy my basses are, but I would choose a lighter one. Awhile ago, I returned a Peavey Cirrus 5 String because it was way too heavy. It felt fine in the store, but after playing it for an hour or so, it was really cumbersome and painful.

• Members

Why?

I don't know how heavy my basses are, but I would choose a lighter one. Awhile ago, I returned a Peavey Cirrus 5 String because it was way too heavy. It felt fine in the store, but after playing it for an hour or so, it was really cumbersome and painful.

I also like the heavier basses. They've never been a problem for me. I like to feel that it is there, and light basses always seem awkward too me. Dunno why.

• Members

Yeah they've been offering these for awhile now, it's just a matter of stock, mostly. I imagine that while they made an effort to improve the quality, that the parts people have been using to upgrade are still far superior.

Also as a side note, I own that same bass in a 5, and it looks really nice. The pictures don't do it justice.

• Members

I also like the heavier basses. They've never been a problem for me. I like to feel that it is there, and light basses always seem awkward too me. Dunno why.

Yep. It's kinda like having a steady platform to work on, a bit more inertia. Plus, since I have the shoulders of a greek god, weight is not a problem.

....flex

• Members

I played an all metal Sousaphone in marching band; no bass is heavy compared to that thing. Sits on the same part of your shoulder as a bass strap, so weight is not an issue for me.

I wonder how much the improvements actually improve the SX....

• Members

I'd rather get the standard model and mod it with parts of
my
choice. I'm not sure how the new bridge compares to a Gotoh 201, and I'm willing to bet the pots and jack might still suck.

We're just impossible to please, aren't we? :p

Archived