I'm a big fat wuss!!!!

BottomHeavyKate

• Members

So my boyfriend has been refinishing his basement for practice/studio stuff. I'm bringing my Ampeg rig down there so he's got a bass rig to play through - and I can't play through it in my apartment anyway.

It dawns on me - that I haven't had to move that thing since December. I don't know if I can get it down the three flights of stairs without killing myself!!! I didn't realize how much better shape I was in while I was actively gigging.

.....and I'm too proud to ask for help.....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
So my boyfriend has been refinishing his basement for practice/studio stuff. I'm bringing my Ampeg rig down there so he's got a bass rig to play through - and I can't play through it in my apartment anyway.

It dawns on me - that I haven't had to move that thing since December. I don't know if I can get it down the three flights of stairs without killing myself!!! I didn't realize how much better shape I was in while I was actively gigging.

Those who ask for help to move Ampeg rig survive to move Ampeg rig another day, Grasshopper.I used to macho- man my gear all the time. Now that my knees and back are going, not to mention my hips, I love some help. If I had asked when I was younger, who knows???

• Members

You know what they say....

Pride goeth before a fall ....of the bigassed Ampeg cab down 3 flights of stairs.

• Members

just ask yourself what will hurt your pride more:

understandablly asking for 5 minutes worth of help to safely/more easily move your rig down 3 flights of stairs

OR

dropping your ampeg cab down 3 flights of stairs, resulting in a castrostropic noise that brings every tennant out of the apartment to see what is going on, killing everything that is in the stairway at the same time, and leaving your cab in a million piece at the bottom of the stairs.

somehow I think the second scenario is more embarrassing.

• Members

just ask yourself what will hurt your pride more:

understandablly asking for 5 minutes worth of help to safely/more easily move your rig down 3 flights of stairs

OR

dropping your ampeg cab down 3 flights of stairs, resulting in a castrostropic noise that brings every tennant out of the apartment to see what is going on, killing everything that is in the stairway at the same time, and leaving your cab in a million piece at the bottom of the stairs.

somehow I think the second scenario is more embarrassing.

....but the I find the second scenario far more amusing to picture....

I know - I'll find someone to help me. I'm just bitching, you know...."Back in my day I had to carry my bass rig to gigs all by myself. And I had to go Up The Stairs BOTH WAYS!!!!"

• Members

That would
definitely
get me to help Kate
:love:
... you, not so much.

Well it's usually something like, "These aren't being put away until that cabinet is upstairs, so you can either look at these luscious breasteses or get to movin..."

Archived