NBD =NO Bass Day.. UPS lost my bass :[

poomwah

• Members

at ups corporate and the regional supervisor both told me specifically that whether theres a sig require, the driver is supposed to go to the door first to deliver it, and THEN if noone answers the door, they are to leave it out of sight and leave a note on the door. This is what UPS told me today. So the driver doesn't come to the door, doesn't even come up on the porch, and leaves things in plain sight.
And although they can't snap their fingers and figure what happened, it doesn't take 8 business days to figure out the thing is gone. They have a driver saying she dropped it off, they've got me saying I didn't get it. It COULD be that simple. Especially since they know the driver has a habit of leaving things in unsafe places. Waiting 8 business days for them to do something about it is ridiculous.

A 'signature required' package makes the driver have to knock on your door to get you to sign for stuff, so it would have cleared this up right away.

They usually leave a tag if they've attempted to deliver the item but there was no one home or they didn't feel that your neighborhood was safe to leave the package (also a decision that is left to their discretion)..

I'm sorry this happened, and that you may have a lazy UPS person, but let the company do their thing, no company can just snap their fingers and figure out what happened immediately. UPS is the shipper that honors their insurance if they misplace a package that we send, FedEx turns their nose in the air..

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I work at an elementary school and, during the school year, have my packages shipped there.

Last year twice I was following tracking and noted that, on the day the package was "out for delivery," the driver noted on the tracking, "Package not left - no one home." Both times it was aroudn3:00 PM. Only about 650 kids and45 staffers there. That's no one? Dude was just a liar who didn't want to deliver everything that day by my reckoning. And it happened twice. I tried to raise holy Hell with UPS and got nowhere. They just made excuses.

• Members

That their policy is to NEVER leave a package in plain view from the driveway or the road. That if a signature is not required they are supposed to place the package somewhere out of direct sight of the road and leave a note on the door.

Bull{censored}. They always put my stuff right in front of my door. Everyone can see it. Yesterday I got a phaser delivered. It was raining really bad. The driver put it the corner and put the door mat over it to protect it from the rain. But {censored}, I was halfway down the road and I saw it. They put it wherever the {censored} they want.

• Members

Bull{censored}. They always put my stuff right in front of my door. Everyone can see it. Yesterday I got a phaser delivered. It was raining really bad. The driver put it the corner and put the door mat over it to protect it from the rain. But {censored}, I was halfway down the road and I saw it. They put it wherever the {censored} they want.

It's true that they have such policies. It's also true that those policies are routinely ignored. The policy is just a form of corporate "plausible deniability"; their actions show that they really just don't give a {censored} (corporate or the actual driver).

• Members

It's true that they have such policies. It's also true that those policies are routinely ignored. The policy is just a form of corporate "plausible deniability"; their actions show that they really just don't give a {censored} (corporate or the actual driver).

They care now.

Poomwah did the right thing by going to corporate with this.

• Members
I agree. Anytime I want my shipments to take about 3 months to arrive, I ship it fed-ex ground
:thu:

May just be your local depot. I've been using Fedex Ground exclusively for the last 3-4 years and no shipment has ever taken more than 5 days to get anywhere in the Continental US.

• Members
May just be your local depot. I've been using Fedex Ground exclusively for the last 3-4 years and no shipment has ever taken more than 5 days to get anywhere in the Continental US.

I've never lived anywhere for more than a year or two, and I've never liked Fedex. Might just be the company ;) Or maybe the hops to get you are good and I'm just bad luck. Fed-Ex is also routinely the most expensive of everyone IME.

• Members

They care now.

Poomwah did the right thing by going to corporate with this.

No, they don't care now, and never will.

True, they'll buy their way out of individual complaints, but as a whole, they really don't give a {censored}, they'd rather have to deal with the few customers who will actually speak up than actually enforce their policies.

The behavior of the driver in question is exceedingly unlikely to change, even after this instance works its way completely through their system.

It's not unlike Ford execs callously calculating that it would be cheaper for them in the long run to just let people die and then settle the wrongful death lawsuits than it would be to engineer their cars properly in the first place or fix them once problems were discovered. UPS and FedEx and the like are really no different.

Edit: I agree with you, though, he definitely did the right thing, that's the only way to get any sort of just resolution. Just don't expect any long-term behavioral changes on their part.

• Members

I COMPLETELY agree with Bholder on this one. They don't care and never will, just like any larger company, just like walmart, they make enough money that they don't really care if they lose someones business or not, they other people waiting to take your place as a consumer, you won't be missed.

Bholder, the Ford analogy was a perfect example, they've been doing that for how many decades now?

• Members

just talked to UPS. they say the claim has been filed as of today. They said it will take about a week and a half to process, at which time they will mail a check to the shipper. Then it will all be up to the shipper to send me a check or credit my bank account. So that makes it 2 weeks BARE minimum from now before I see a cent. Which will be over 3 weeks since I actually paid for it. I'm sorry for whining but this is really frustrating.

• Members
just talked to UPS. they say the claim has been filed as of today. They said it will take about a week and a half to process, at which time they will mail a check to the shipper. Then it will all be up to the shipper to send me a check or credit my bank account. So that makes it 2 weeks BARE minimum from now before I see a cent. Which will be over 3 weeks since I actually paid for it. I'm sorry for whining but this is really frustrating.

Good luck.

On the down side to it all... UPS is using themselves to ship out your check. :cry:

• Members

hey renfield, I found a used sg today when we went to a pawnshop, if its still there once the ups deal gets sorted out, I'll still have a home for that pickup :] when you sent that out, did they mention how long they figured it would take to get here?

• Members

when you sent that out, did they mention how long they figured it would take to get here?

That's cool. You'll find a home for it somewhere I am sure.

It shouldn't be more than a few days. I sent it out air via Canada Post.

• Members

well, I'm pretty sure I just got screwed out of 145 dollars... the guy that sent me the bass, just sent me an email saying its my fault because I didnt request a signature. I never blamed him, not once, I blamed UPS for leaving it. Now that UPS said they are going to pay him, he's telling me its my fault.

• Members

well, I'm pretty sure I just got screwed out of 145 dollars... the guy that sent me the bass, just sent me an email saying its my fault because I didnt request a signature. I never blamed him, not once, I blamed UPS for leaving it. Now that UPS said they are going to pay him, he's telling me its my fault.

Well, it's a refund if ever one applied. He's getting the insurance payout, it should go to you, you fronted the money in the first place. You are out a bass, not him. He has your cash already, that refund is yours.

• Members

Well, it's a refund if ever one applied. He's getting the insurance payout, it should go to you, you fronted the money in the first place. You are out a bass, not him. He has your cash already, that refund is yours.

Sounds like a lawsuit to me.

As in fraud.

• Members

by rights yeah, it should be mine, but with the way he's been acting on the phone and with him trying to say its my fault, I don't think he's going to give it to me

• Members

by rights yeah, it should be mine, but with the way he's been acting on the phone and with him trying to say its my fault, I don't think he's going to give it to me

Fault is irrelevant. He has your money, UPS has yours. That's the whole idea behind insurance. If he gets the money from UPS, then he needs to refund your cash. Or give you that, there's no grey area here. He can't profit from it twice.

• Members

Did you pay with a CC. If so, contest payment and let the shipper worry about the rest. (shipper sounds like a dick. If ups reimburses you, take your sweet time repaying him. assuming your CC co has already credited you.)

I used my bank debit card, so I'm sure they arent' going to do anything to help out. That and UPS won't reimburse me, they'll only send the money to HIM.

UPS even told me that at this point any reputable company would either send me out a replacement or send me my money now that the claim is active. Whether he has the money yet or not. Because he knows he's going to get it.

Archived