NBD =NO Bass Day.. UPS lost my bass :[

poomwah

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Time to out him.

Just so others know the risks in dealing with him.

It's only fair.

I agree, I'd hate for someone else to have to deal with this. The company is music go round, the particular store in raleigh north carolina, the owners name is John, and he has one of those "oh well" attitudes. Because of his attitude I will never buy anything from ANY music go round.

• Members
I agree, I'd hate for someone else to have to deal with this. The company is music go round, the particular store in raleigh north carolina, the owners name is John, and he has one of those "oh well" attitudes. Because of his attitude I will never buy anything from ANY music go round.

PM sent. I've got your back here, this matter is NOT closed. :mad:

• Members
Fault is irrelevant. He has your money, UPS has yours. That's the whole idea behind insurance. If he gets the money from UPS, then he needs to refund your cash. Or give you that, there's no grey area here. He can't profit from it twice.

No {censored}!

Who the {censored} cares who's fault it is..."Because you didn't get your bass, I get twice the money"? How the {censored} does that work?

Poom, if you have serious issues with this dip{censored}, just use the "Jugghaid-Signal" (it's like the Bat-signal, but different :D)...He's helped out folks with similar {censored} before, I'm sure he'll do it again. ;)

• Members

if this guys attitude wasn't enough to piss me off it pisses me off that I've heard from a couple people that have dealt with similar situations, AND from someone I know personally from a major music store... that THEY would send a replacement or the refund to the customer AS SOON AS the claim was filed because they KNOW they are going to get the money and would rather keep the person as a customer rather than keep them waiting for there product or money with which to buy another one. Thinking about that, if he had done that I'd have bought from him again. That kind of service would make me trust them immensely and become a loyal customer. But this guy has ruined me for him AND for the whole company. Nice move Jerky

No {censored}!

Who the {censored} cares who's fault it is..."Because you didn't get your bass, I get twice the money"? How the {censored} does that work?

Poom, if you have serious issues with this dip{censored}, just use the
"Jugghaid-Signal"
(it's like the Bat-signal, but different
:D
)...He's helped out folks with similar {censored} before, I'm sure he'll do it again.
;)

• Members

They didn't get a signature? Since when will they leave a bass on a porch?

My UPS tard always leaves my packages on the porch, unless it looks expensive, in which case he tosses it over the side fence onto the patio.

• Members

another update for the morbidly curious.... UPS has not payed John yet... they are waiting to. They said the claim is resolved and he will definitely be getting his money. They said they have been waiting for him to fax paperwork to them since last week, I told him this last week and he got {censored}ty with me. So not only did he call and bitch me out the other day, now he's dragging his feet.

Corporate says they have no control over what he does.

• Members

so I call to ask him to please fax the paperwork to ups, he won't talk to me, and the guy that did talk to me said he's really sorry, but John is the only one that can send that info to UPS. So... I FU*KED out of 145 dollars because the guy doesn't want to fax a form .

• Members
so I call to ask him to please fax the paperwork to ups, he won't talk to me, and the guy that did talk to me said he's really sorry, but John is the only one that can send that info to UPS. So... I FU*KED out of 145 dollars because the guy doesn't want to fax a form .

Me and my Irish punk band can take him a new fax machine and insist that he use it ;)

• Members
Me and my Irish punk band can take him a new fax machine and
insist
that he use it
;)

Irish punk band.. Damn , not much scares me, but the thought of that alone makes me nervous :p

LOL, if anyone wants to stop in and have a discussion with him, his name is John and he's at the music go round in cary, NC

• Members

I used my bank debit card, so I'm sure they arent' going to do anything to help out. That and UPS won't reimburse me, they'll only send the money to HIM.

UPS even told me that at this point any reputable company would either send me out a replacement or send me my money now that the claim is active. Whether he has the money yet or not. Because he knows he's going to get it.

Is your bank debit card based off of a major brand? For example, mine is a Visa, even if it is just linked to my checking account. If I have a situation like yours, I follow up with Visa just as if it was a normal credit card. If I were you, I would definitely be calling the number on the back of the card and disputing the charge.

• Members

Is your bank debit card based off of a major brand? For example, mine is a Visa, even if it is just linked to my checking account. If I have a situation like yours, I follow up with Visa just as if it was a normal credit card. If I were you, I would definitely be calling the number on the back of the card and disputing the charge.

I took your advice and called. They said the only way they could do anything is if it were an unauthorized charge. That since I actually approved of the transaction, they can't help.

• Members

This is from a Music-go-round? not a private seller?

Contact MGR corporate.

I did, corporate says they have no control over the individual stores because they are independently owned. They can only make suggestions. So they called John and suggested he be nicer, so John called me at home and bitched me out for calling corporate, and then told me he doesn't care what happens. yeah, thanks corporate

• Members

I'd keep pounding corporate.
Inform them of the online negative publicity campaign you are about to engage. It really seems like MGR corp. should be more in tune w/ customer service, to the point of pulling John's franchise...

• Members

Inform them of the online negative publicity campaign you are about to engage. It really seems like MGR corp. should be more in tune w/ customer service, to the point of pulling John's franchise...

"we can't punish an owner, we can only take this into consideration when it comes time to renew their 10 year franchise agreement"

• Members

Totally. Is MGR a member of the BBB or any similar organizations? I know there are ratings websites for companies not involved, feel free to make the rounds. Tell corporate if they have such an awful organization going that they can't control people blatantly being ripped off, that's THEIR problem, and they probably shouldn't be in business.

• Members

Doesn't matter, Rowka's advice is still relevant.

Totally. Is MGR a member of the BBB or any similar organizations? I know there are ratings websites for companies not involved, feel free to make the rounds. Tell corporate if they have such an awful organization going that they can't control people blatantly being ripped off, that's THEIR problem, and they probably shouldn't be in business.

VERY well said T3ch

• Members

corporates response "According to John, He faxed the documents needed by UPS immediately after he was request by UPS last Friday. I have every reason to believe that he did this based upon his organizational skills." which I guess are better than his people skills. It amazes me that someone can call a customer at home, bitch them out, and that noone in the company will even repremand them in any way.

• Members
corporates response "According to John, He faxed the documents needed by UPS immediately after he was request by UPS last Friday. I have every reason to believe that he did this based upon his organizational skills." which I guess are better than his people skills. It amazes me that someone can call a customer at home, bitch them out, and that noone in the company will even repremand them in any way.

I'd be informing them that UPS needs it resent then, as they claim he didn't send it, and he claims (to you) that it's not sent either. So clearly he's lying to someone. :cop:

How far off is his contract renewal? I'd be telling corporate all about how you intend to contact the BBB and the Consumer Protection Division of the Office of the Attorney General and see how much quicker they are willing to be co-operative. $145 is not much to the store or corporate, but they need to know it's worth a lot to you and you're more than willing to keep this pressure until someone mans up and does the right thing. I'd document time and date of his harrassing calls. It's long distance, it can be proved you are not lying just by pulling phone records. It's VERY wrong on many levels that a store owner phones you at home just to harass you because you didn't take well to being screwed over and he got on trouble over it.

• Moderators

I say we all call up the store, ask for John. When he answers, just say "you're an asshole" then hang up. Imagine the whole forum calling him randomly over the next few months with no explanation.

Or no real cause. :poke:

What a huge {censored} storm over next to nothing.

• Members

I say we all call up the store, ask for John. When he answers, just say "you're an asshole" then hang up. Imagine the whole forum calling him randomly over the next few months with no explanaiton.

LOL, that's funny, but probably illegal.

the LATEST story is, UPS is sending him the money and that he will definitely have it by the end of the day. So, lets see what happens. If he refunds my money, I'll be happy and leave it at that. He was a jerk, but if I get my money, I'll let all that go.

Archived