Is it too early to use the practice rooms on campus?

jonathan_matos5

• Members

Where do you live? An apartment? Shared house?

If you keep the volume at a reasonable level, I'd just tell the neighbors (politely) to deal with it. You're a musician, and you have to practice.

apartment. i usually practice earlier in the day, but i had to run a few errands after work.

• Members

Just turn down - or are you trying to find your tone?

i was playing an etude to warm up on *trombone. then switched to acoustic guitar. the first thing that popped into my mind was if im that bad practicing is a good thing.

*i have to play at a certain volume or i sound bad.

• Members

i was playing an etude to warm up on *trombone. then switched to acoustic guitar. the first thing that popped into my mind was if im that bad practicing is a good thing.

*i have to play at a certain volume or i sound bad.

If I'm going to jam late at night, I usually just plug into my mixer and use headphones.

So...uhm...maybe. Er...

Try that?

• Members

Let's see... two acoustic instruments with no amplification involved. What times were you practicing? Usually an apartment building has "quiet hours" when the folks who reside there need to shut things down. For example, my apartment's quiet hours are 10pm to 8am. I don't play trombone, but I play acoustic guitar and sing all the time with no repercussions.

Review your lease. If you were playing at the appropriate times, tell your neighbors to STFU.

• Members

i was practicing and got asked by the neighbors to stop, no matter what instrument i played.
:facepalm:
stupid neighbors:mad: classes start on 8/18. is it too early to break into campus and use the practice rooms there?
:confused:

Look into your local noise ordinances. If you can legally make as much noise as you want before 9 or 10 PM (as is the case here), I'd tell the neighbors to shove it up their ass. But more politely, of course.

• Members

Look into your local noise ordinances. If you can legally make as much noise as you want before 9 or 10 PM (as is the case here), I'd tell the neighbors to shove it up their ass. But more politely, of course.

10 pm but my neighbors are the type that complain when you shuffle papers too loudly:mad:

• Members

In that case, f*ck 'em. You have a right to practice at a reasonable volume during reasonable hours.

That's fine and dandy until the leasing office decides to evict him for multiple complaints. It doesn't matter what the law is in an apartment complex, if your neighbors bitch enough they'll stick it to you.

C7

• Members

That's fine and dandy until the leasing office decides to evict him for multiple complaints. It doesn't matter what the law is in an apartment complex, if your neighbors bitch enough they'll stick it to you.

C7

Hmmm...getting all soft on JM-5, are we?

There wasn't a recent deal between you guys with a Snickers bar, was there?

:poke:

• CMS Author

I played trombone, and I still can't side with trying to force the issue with the neighbors. Music practice is {censored}ing annoying as hell to others. Music practic with brass instruments is legally defensible for homicide.

Def try the school. It's also easier to practice when you know someone on the other side of the wall isn't aiming a giant cannon at you.....

Archived