1 Spot Adapters

zenfleshzenbone

• Members

http://www.visualsound.net/1spot.htm

Are these things even worth buying? The band I'm in has two guitarist, both with around 4 to 6 pedals. We have these things, but we've had to replace them a few times because one would stop working or they would start buzzing or whatever. Are there any other solutions other than a DC Brick? If not what are the best ones for our (constantly depleting) monies?

• Moderators

I've never had an issue with my 2 one spots. Perhaps they are taking a bit too much abuse? Anyway, the brick isn't cheap, but it works very well. Perhaps spending good money on a quality powered pedal board would be another option to consider.

• Members

Yeah, that's why I was asking.. I think it might just be cause they are constantly getting stepped on, wrapped up, and what not. Just want to make sure there's no known problem with these before I buy new ones.

None I know of. Take better care of your gear and it lasts longer.

• Members

I've used several and never had any issues, and was using a hell of a lot more pedals than you were. I bought a Voodoo Power Plus but only for cable management more than anything else.... :rolleyes:

There are several other solutions though. I've not heard much bad about any of them; you'll be happy with whatever you get.

I would agree with Burdi and say it's probably something else besides the 1spot; either that or horrible luck.

• Members

we dont really consider our pedal adapters as "gear" that we should take care of ya know.. i like the 1 spots i just wish they made a more heavy duty version (thicker gague wire and insulations, better connecters and what not). i would pay more than a 1spot and less than a DCB for that..

but yeah might have just been a bad cord.

• Members

I bought a Voodoo Power Plus but only for cable management more than anything else....

dude that was really a lot of the reason i was thinking that too.. but sometimes i have to control my OCD tendencies when it's like a matter of a $10 solution versus a $100 something solution. cause i totally do that {censored}..

• Members

Just mount the 1-spot to your pedalboard and use and extension cord to power it up.

Or, get some 3/4" tygon tubing and encase the power lead and supply, then encase that with expandable braided sleeving.

I wonder if this would add shielding, or if it's possible to add shielding. I recently ordered one because it seems handy as heck and cheap. The bassist in my band uses one and at our practice space which isn't wired very well, it's pretty much a damned antenna.

• Members

dude that was really a lot of the reason i was thinking that too.. but sometimes i have to control my OCD tendencies when it's like a matter of a $10 solution versus a $100 something solution. cause i totally do that {censored}..

I'm completely with ya dude. I convinced myself to buy it for several reasons other than that, but yeah... It makes life easier, it has some cool features, and will be a piece of gear you shouldn't have to replace. I like it; it was a good investment. :idk:

• Members

I'm completely with ya dude. I convinced myself to buy it for several reasons other than that, but yeah... It makes life easier, it has some cool features, and will be a piece of gear you shouldn't have to replace. I like it; it was a good investment.
:idk:

and face it.. it just looks cleaner.

• Members

I wonder if this would add shielding, or if it's possible to add shielding. I recently ordered one because it seems handy as heck and cheap. The bassist in my band uses one and at our practice space which isn't wired very well, it's pretty much a damned antenna.

It wouldn't add shielding unless you wrapped the power lead in foil first and then hooked the foil to a ground lug that plugged into the same receptacle as the power supply.

• Members

I've been using one for over a year on my guitar pedal board without a problem. It's a lot more compact and convenient than my old Voodoo Pedal Power box with all the different cables running every which way.

Archived