Are Ya 'Summered' Out Yet?

garytees

• Members

Been one heck of a summer. Retired and hit the road. Just travelling. Caught Nazareth at a concert and had them sign my road bass (cheap Squier P). Traded it in for another. Came across an accident and helped lift a Caravan off an 8 yr old kid (she's ok, broken leg and driver had broken hip). Helluva thunder storm last night.

• Members

This summer has blown momkey nuts. Setting aside all the personal crap in my life that is enough to bring a man down on it's own, the weather has been nothing short of biblical.

Golf ball sized hail, torrential downpours unlike nothing I have ever witnessed before, and every 48 hours at that. I had to pull my fall/winter coat out yesterday it was so chilly... again.

All we need is a plague of locusts and we're about good.

• Members

This summer has blown momkey nuts. Setting aside all the personal crap in my life that is enough to bring a man down on it's own, the weather has been nothing short of biblical.

Golf ball sized hail, torrential downpours unlike nothing I have ever witnessed before, and every 48 hours at that. I had to pull my fall/winter coat out yesterday it was so chilly... again.

All we need is a plague of locusts and we're about good.

You need to get the {censored} out of Canada for a while.

• Members

...move where it's warm...

:p

• Members

Is that the VM P?

Yes, it's the 2nd one I've owned. Paid too much new ($350) and got too little ($115) on a trade-in. What the hell, I`ve given up on these I guess. The Affinity P is actually a better bass except for the machine heads.

• Members

Great summer!

Massive creative output with my cowriter (11 quality songs);

I almost have an ex;

Finding my own way again;....and

Went surfing in lake Michigan this past weekend! (3-5 ft waves all day long)

It is far from over yet!:thu:

PD

• Members

I'm summered out. Only because of the heat, though. Other than that, I've camped more, 4-wheeled more, and caught more fish than the last 5 summers combined, so it's been really good for me. I wish work was going better, but that's up to me, I guess.

Fall is a good time for me, too. I get anxious for snowboarding, my bands generally work more, and it cools off to a comfortable 75 degrees for a couple of months before the snow starts to fly.

C7

• Members

I'm summered out. Only because of the heat, though. Other than that, I've camped more, 4-wheeled more, and caught more fish than the last 5 summers combined, so it's been really good for me. I wish work was going better, but that's up to me, I guess.

Fall is a good time for me, too. I get anxious for snowboarding, my bands generally work more, and it cools off to a comfortable 75 degrees for a couple of months before the snow starts to fly.

C7

:mad: I haven't been able to go camping once this year. Our weather has been the {censored}tiest I have ever known in my life, and I grew up in BC.

Seriously, we've had biblical level torrential downpours every 48 hours maximum for over 6 weeks now. No exaggeration, every other day. We have not had one what I would call genuinely nice day this summer, not one.

• Members

:mad:
I haven't been able to go camping once this year. Our weather has been the {censored}tiest I have ever known in my life, and I grew up in BC.

Seriously, we've had biblical level torrential downpours every 48 hours
maximum
for over 6 weeks now. No exaggeration, every other day. We have not had one what I would call genuinely nice day this summer, not one.

Denver went over a month without any recordable precipitation. I haven't been rained on camping at all this year. Mixed blessing; our mountain soil is very, very sandy, so if it's dry, it's super dusty.

Last year, we were camping next to a small creek, and a storm came through. It rained so hard we almost had to climb to higher ground; if the storm had originated in the drainage basin above us, we would have been flooded out. The creek rose 4 feet in about an hour.

So I know your pain.:D

C7

• Members

Denver went over a month without any recordable precipitation. I haven't been rained on camping at all this year. Mixed blessing; our mountain soil is very, very sandy, so if it's dry, it's super dusty.

Last year, we were camping next to a small creek, and a storm came through. It rained so hard we almost had to climb to higher ground; if the storm had originated in the drainage basin above us, we would have been flooded out. The creek rose 4 feet in about an hour.

So I know your pain.
:D
C7

Any given rainfall we get during these mini floods tends to create more in that 24 hour span than we normally get at this time of year in a month. I've never seen a 3 foot deep washout of a road in person before. I've been stuck in it a few times now. It's not a river overflowing, though that does happen too, it's the storm drains and sewers backing up and overflowing. :freak:

Archived