Bass chorus effect on Tool's "Forty Six & 2"

petejt

• 7 months later...
  • Members

+ a little chorus doesn't hurt.

Very true.

I got a fantastic version of that effect last night by using my Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress flanger & H2O Liquid Chorus & Echo, with the H2O providing a great delayed echo sound along with a slight subtle phasey slow chorus. Very liquidy!

• Members

Very true.

I got a fantastic version of that effect last night by using my Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress flanger & H2O Liquid Chorus & Echo, with the H2O providing a great delayed echo sound along with a slight subtle phasey slow chorus. Very liquidy!

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

This {censored} is pretty long, but this guy's got an almost pedal-for-pedal rebuild of Justin's effects rig. Worth checking out if you're into how his {censored} sounds. Also this guy has way too much money.

• Members

This {censored} is pretty long, but this guy's got an almost pedal-for-pedal rebuild of Justin's effects rig. Worth checking out if you're into how his {censored} sounds. Also this guy has way too much money.

Definitely giving that a watch later from home.

• Members

BF-2 or BF-2B? I've tried both and the 2B seems to hit the 46 & 2 tone PERFECTLY. Set everything at 1 o clock, BAM you're Justin.

From everything I've read it's a BF-2...I've also seen a few of the 10K Days studio shots where it's definitely a BF-2 with the grey faced knobs. I think that's the Taiwanese version IIRC?

I haven't seen any good shots from the Aenima recording days. I've read that he recorded that track with a Stingray (black w/ maple neck) instead of his Wal.

• Members

From everything I've read it's a BF-2...I've also seen a few of the 10K Days studio shots where it's definitely a BF-2 with the grey faced knobs. I think that's the Taiwanese version IIRC?

I haven't seen any good shots from the Aenima recording days. I've read that he recorded that track with a Stingray (black w/ maple neck) instead of his Wal.

Yeah, he recorded 46 & 2, and H. with that bass.

• Members

Whoa. He's got Toanz

• Members

*waits for ToolMyBass to show up*

Ha!

Yes guitargodOdmw ir right. BF2

He also uses the CE5 with the BF2 at those parts in that song. That is probably why he puts them side by side on his board....he is, as Brad says, a "Chorus Whore" in that YouTube vid

• Members

here is a pretty good and recent pic of Justins board with the grey top knobs that guitargodOmw spoke of

justin1d.jpg

Okay...I can make out:

Boss TU-2

Guyatone Tube Tremolo

Bass Whammy

Sans Amp GT2

Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble

Boss BF-2 Flanger

Boos DD-3 Digital Delay

Guyatone BR-2

Colorsound Tonebender

Foxx Fuzz/Wah/Volume

Turbo Rat

Boss GE-7

And...what is next to the EQ? Prunes & Custard has 3 knobs.

• Members

Where are the CSI techs when you need them?

rotate.

zoom in.

sharpen.

crop.

enhance.

:lol:

See my previous post above yours...it accounts for all but one. The other stuff in the picture is just power (power strip and 2 Voodoo Lab pedal powers...stacked)

EDIT: Make that two. I didn't see the tiny box to the left of the Furman Plug Lock power strip on the right hand side. Just speculation, but it's got a knob on it, so maybe a boost?

Archived