Bass chorus effect on Tool's "Forty Six & 2"

petejt

• Members

See my previous post above yours...it accounts for all but one. The other stuff in the picture is just power (power strip and 2 Voodoo Lab pedal powers...stacked)

EDIT: Make that two. I didn't see the tiny box to the left of the Furman Plug Lock power strip on the right hand side. Just speculation, but it's got a knob on it, so maybe a boost?

There's one of those on either side of the rig and one in the back middle. They seem to only have bower running to them, so I bet they're just there for lights, and the knobs are dimmer switches.

• Members

Interesting...thanks!
:thu:

I guess I just don't know what that 4 knobber is then...

That my friend is a Depth Charge. The Prunes was never there in the first place. Everyone thought it was a Prunes up until a couple months ago.

the only mystery thing on that board is that junction looking box next to the Depth Charge. Its hard to find a clear enough pic to distinctly see 2 Instrument cables running from his pedal board to his stacks.

Another myth that was solved with this pic is that he doesnt use the dry out on the Whammy as everyone thought. But his supposed always on "dirty channel" runs out of his tuner (red wire) goes to mystery box, then into Rat/Eq combo. The box is clearly marked with a blue and red sticker. So im wondering if that box mixes the two (dirty channel with clean (and whatever effect he has on at the time) then runs a signal to his stack which then the signal is split again into his 2 main heads and then two cabs.

But any article and or interview has said it was clearly 2 signals...one running to one head/cab and the dirty running to other head/cab combo

Any ideas?

Archived