been awhile...update on me!

SelenaBassGirl

• Members

Well, got some offers to be in bands..one I am seriously considering. Mean while I am getting over the stage fright/public shyness by going to a local club on Wed. while they are doing karaoke-dj music and playing along with the music.:rawk:

Also I have accumulated some more basses! I am a proud owner of 5 now! the latest being 3 Ibanez basses..2 GSR200 (one active), and one GSR100 P bass...

Here are pics of new basses and of me playing at the club...

Bass041-1.jpg

Bass042-1.jpg

Bass033.jpg

Bass034.jpg

Bass028.jpg

mygear.jpg

I have since added a new tuning peg to the red Ibanez...:thu:

• Members

Dig it. One word of caution though, you might want to start wearing shoes when inside a bar. Broken glass and all that.

yeah I know...I already got lectured for that on another forum.. :facepalm: It was a dead night and my feet were KILLING me so I tossed them aside while playing. They weren't too far and I didn't really move from that spot much..tomorrow night when I go, I am wearing tennis shoes...Thanks for the advice tho...you are right for sure!

• Members

At least you have a smile on your face when you play. That's a lot better than most bass statues who post here can accomplish.
:cool:

I was even surprised...normally I don't smile and got that serious look on my face..but this was the first time that I had someone singing and playing guitar along side me. The guy I am with is my friend who plays bass with the band that plays there on the weekend. He had to play not hooked up b/c I was using his wireless on my bass..but it was fun! I got the blue Ibanez from him..

• Members

Where were you playing at? I live in the Augusta area and I don't recognize where you're jamming at.

I do my "public practicing" at The Silver Bullet since they do karaoke nights and I am able to play in public with either someone singing along or by myself with the real music, that is cool..what ever works.

Last night I played there again (and WORE SHOES) and this time my best friend went with me, and she and I braved it and sang a couple songs together..then I went up there to do bass on the song by Lobo "I'd Love You to Want Me", and Jay (karaoke DJ and the club's band bassist and friend of mine-the one in the photo with me) couldn't remember how the song goes, so he asks me to sing it, and hands me the mic...so I end up doing it and then did 3 more songs by the Carpenters (yea I like them, ok!) and he liked the way my voice sounded..personally I don't hear it myself...but he wants me to come back on Thurs nights when they are up on stage and sing..:eek: I just got used to playing bass in public (sort of, I still get nervous) and now he wants me to do wha!?!?:freak: but it was still a lot of fun and that is the whole purpose behind it! :)

• Members

I know the Bullet and you are a brave lady to walk around in there with no shoes. I've played there myself a time or two through the years. I've met Jay, he and I have played with some of the same people. Ask him if he knows Tony Gibson and his ex-wife Sandy. I'm sure he could tell you some stories about those two that would make you glad you never met them!

• Members

I know the Bullet and you are a brave lady to walk around in there with no shoes. I've played there myself a time or two through the years. I've met Jay, he and I have played with some of the same people. Ask him if he knows Tony Gibson and his ex-wife Sandy. I'm sure he could tell you some stories about those two that would make you glad you never met them!

I will have to ask him later...I am going out tonight and will be popping in there as well this weekend...hey we ought to meet up! that would be cool!! :thu:

• Members

Hi Selena - Nice to see you again...Glad you are doing well and building up a nice collection of basses

thank you! btw for the record, my name is Miko..I had to put something in front of "Bass Girl" b/c that name was taken. And since my other nick name is Selenawannabe (b/c I am a huge fan of the late Selena, and some said I favored her-I wish!!)-I came up with the username SelenaBassGirl...

yeah, collection grew fast this year! Next is a bigger amp!! when I get the money! haha!

Archived