700 used thunderbird :]

poomwah

• Members

I found a 95 thunderbird LX for 1000 dollars and talked the guy down to 700 dollars, the only rust is has is MINOR surface rust where there are some paint chips. There are some dents but nothing major. It runs ok, but needs a tuneup, and the front left rotor is shot... BUT, there were a brand new pair of rotors and a brand new set of brake pads in the trunk!! I've always wanted one in this body style :]

So now I play a thunderbird and drive a thunderbird... only problem is now I need a black thunderbird bass to match my car :p I'm thinking of putting an epiphone E on the car somewhere :p

DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0198.jpg

• Members

ITEM_7-D-2_1973_THUNDERBIRD_BABY_BLUE_St

a replica of the second vehicle I ever worked on. I couldn't figure the electronics back then though. It was too much (far too many wires. Everything was electric in that darn car) for a 16 year old. I wish I still had it kicking around. What a beast! Ha ha.

My favourite year was probably the '61 though. The little roadsters... so cute.

Nice score on the car, dude. :thu: Tbirds kick much butt.

• Members

ITEM_7-D-2_1973_THUNDERBIRD_BABY_BLUE_St

a replica of the second vehicle I ever worked on. I couldn't figure the electronics back then though. It was too much (far too many wires. Everything was electric in that darn car) for a 16 year old. I wish I still had it kicking around. What a beast! Ha ha.

My favourite year was probably the '61 though. The little roadsters... so cute.

Nice score on the car, dude.
:thu:
Tbirds kick much butt.

NICE, is that a 73?

• Members

NICE, is that a 73?

Ohhh yeah baby. My Dad and I used to cruise blasting Neil Diamond on the 8track. He bought it brand new the year I was born and when I was old enough I used to stand on the consol and stick my head out the sunroof for a breath of fresh air. (escape from all the smoking) Gotta love the 70s. :cool:

• Members

3.8 motors teh suck.

It may suck but the price was right. If it runs for 6 months, he got his money's worth compared to a car payment.

The idea behind buying a >$1000 car is that you run that {censored}er as long as you can for as little maintenance cost as you can, then you sell it for scrap for $400, and buy another one.:D

C7

• Members

It may suck but the price was right. If it runs for 6 months, he got his money's worth compared to a car payment.

The idea behind buying a >$1000 car is that you run that {censored}er as long as you can for as little maintenance cost as you can, then you sell it for scrap for $400, and buy another one.
:D
C7

yup, thats usually the case, but in this case, it rides smooth straight and solid, and theres no rust underneath it, the only rust that was on it was in a few stone chips and I've already cleaned that out. This car will be well worth putting money into it to keep it going :]

• Members

ok, I'm getting sick of dealing with people. I bought a set of thurderbird SC side skirts on ebay... the auction said, "ships within two days of payment" I paypalled it last monday... so two days should have been wednesday obviously...so thursday I write and asked for a tracking number... they emailed back saying "oh well, they'll go out tomorrow or saturday"

so I emailed back and pointed out the auction said within two days and they said "yeah, normally I would do that, but I've been really busy this week. I PROMISE I'll sent them out tomorrow, USPS priority" so that means they would go out friday, and it would take 2 to 3 business days to get here.

so friday, saturday, and sunday, I email asking for the delivery confirmation number(s) and trying to find out how many boxes they sent. They finally email me again last night saying "they are packaged and they will go out tomorrow" what the hell? advertise that you'll ship withing two days... then promise it will be within 4 days, then MAYBE they went out SEVEN days after payment!! I am so pissed. I sent them an email telling them that I want some money back but I'm sure I won't get anything. 60 dollars shipping just so it could sit there for a week. BASTARDS

• Members

ok, I'm getting sick of dealing with people. I bought a set of thurderbird SC side skirts on ebay... the auction said, "ships within two days of payment" I paypalled it last monday... so two days should have been wednesday obviously...so thursday I write and asked for a tracking number... they emailed back saying "oh well, they'll go out tomorrow or saturday"

so I emailed back and pointed out the auction said within two days and they said "yeah, normally I would do that, but I've been really busy this week. I PROMISE I'll sent them out tomorrow, USPS priority" so that means they would go out friday, and it would take 2 to 3 business days to get here.

so friday, saturday, and sunday, I email asking for the delivery confirmation number(s) and trying to find out how many boxes they sent. They finally email me again last night saying "they are packaged and they will go out tomorrow" what the hell? advertise that you'll ship withing two days... then promise it will be within 4 days, then MAYBE they went out SEVEN days after payment!! I am so pissed. I sent them an email telling them that I want some money back but I'm sure I won't get anything. 60 dollars shipping just so it could sit there for a week. BASTARDS

That reminds me of a similar thread Jugghaid posted over on eBassist. Himself, or his son I believe was trying to get some car parts and the guy was {censored}ing around.

• Members

I know someone will ream me for this, but oh well. About 20, 25 years ago my drummer and I (who oddly enough after 20 or so years later have re-united) were driving around our town hitting parties after a gig. (in his 73 T-Bird which is why I am sharing this story) we went through an intersection, he had the green light. I looked to my right and watched a couple of guys run the light and T-bone us in the rear 1/4. we spun about 90 degrees and stopped. I asked him if he was sober, he said no. I told him I was pretty lit also and we should probably bail. We did, and I can still see the shock in the face of the passenger in the car that hit us as we drove off.

Not much of a story, but, it is one of only 2 T-birds I remember driving in. The other was an 80's turbo owned by my now deceased fav bro-in-law. I really miss him, he was about 40 when he passed.

• Members

800px-Thunderbirdbottlevancouver.jpg

Roll up another joint

One more time to clear my head

And I'll get right to the point,

I better star feelin better or I'm better off dead,

Verse:

Put some ice in a dixie cup,

Pass the whiskey over here

Take that joint and fire it up,

And if there ain't no whiskey pass the beer,

Bridge:

I got just about two dollars but I know someone with five,

I got fifty cents on gas if you agree to drive,

We can head on down to the liquor store find somethin to cure our ills,

If whiskey won't do it then cheap wine surely will,

Verse:

I stumble in to the liquor store

With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,

I know just what I'm lookin for

Thunderbird will do just fine

Solo:

Repeat Bridge:

Repeat Verse 3:

• Members

well, the parts are at my house, I won't know their condition till I get there to open them. But my wife called and told me they are there. no box, they just wrapped the parts in paper and tape. The shipping label says $20.85 not only did they take a week to ship, but they charged me 60 for shipping... bastards

• Members

oh my god, ebay said that they don't care what people charge for shipping. you see it all the time... I sited an example of a cell phone I saw buy it now for .99 with 100 dollars shipping... clearly to save on final value fees... they said thats ok.. EBAY said thats ok... what the hell

• Members

oh my god, ebay said that they don't care what people charge for shipping. you see it all the time... I sited an example of a cell phone I saw buy it now for .99 with 100 dollars shipping... clearly to save on final value fees... they said thats ok.. EBAY said thats ok... what the hell

Yeah it's fine, why wouldn't it be?

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I don't think they should have to prevent it perse. People need to watchout for that kind of stuff. Many sites now include an "after shipping" price that you can sort by to combat this sort of ridiculousness.

Also, if I find a vendor that charges inflated shipping, I will not buy from them. Period.

• Members

Yeah it's fine, why wouldn't it be?

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I don't think they should have to prevent it perse. People need to watchout for that kind of stuff. Many sites now include an "after shipping" price that you can sort by to combat this sort of ridiculousness.

Also, if I find a vendor that charges inflated shipping, I will not buy from them. Period.

why wouldn't it be ok with ebay?

quite simply... they make their money off of how much you sell your item for... so if you are intentionall selling low and making up for it in your shipping charges (which ebay can't touch) then ebay is losing money. it's obvious why ebay SHOULD have a problem with it

Archived