Bragging about your tone thread

sub5ound

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a killer rig Willsellout. I'd like to compare it to mine, which I now love (Carvin BX1200 running biamped into a Dr. Bass 112LF and 1260 stack).

I really liked my old GK stack but I couldn't get the overdrive tones that I get with the Carvin. The GK Fusion was clearly built with that in mind and the Aggies are great cabs!

I sold my old GK stack to a buddy so he's happy. I gave him a great deal so he should be.

It's funny but the Fusion has almost all clean headroom. You can get some overdrive out of it but you have to crank the gain to 11, bump the mids up, and you have to use an active bass with the amp set to passive to get any kind of real distortion. It has gobs of clean headroom.

Dan

• Members

Renfield I wanna see pics of your bass I think i saw a video of someone playing it once. it was
:love:

Really? I'd love to check it out if you come across it. They only made them for one year, 1984, so they are somewhat rare. I love the thing, took me 17 years to find it, wanted one since I was 17.

Any excuse to show this off, I will. Here's my 1984 Ibanez RB950MB (Marineburst)

n532755415_2643535_2308.jpg

And of course, me with it for proof that it's really mine.

n532755415_2643536_2571.jpg

• Members

Really? I'd love to check it out if you come across it. They only made them for one year, 1984, so they are somewhat rare. I love the thing, took me 17 years to find it, wanted one since I was 17.

Any excuse to show this off, I will. Here's my 1984 Ibanez RB950MB (Marineburst)

n532755415_2643535_2308.jpg

And of course, me with it for proof that it's really mine.

n532755415_2643536_2571.jpg

:eek::love::love::love: woooo nice bass! love the color, although purple would be much better :D:p

Archived