File Under "Cool": Mini nuclear plants to power 20,000 homes

Thunderbroom

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup. But anti-nuclear people don't seem to be interested in facts.

Unfortunately there are large numbers of uninformed, Luddites in the "environmental" community. They need to park their Volvos, unplug their houses from the grid, throw away their electronic gadgets, and live off the land.:poke: Seriously.

A large utility wanted to put a massive solar installation in the Southern California desert (Anza-Borrego?). But oh noes... The power lines would scar the desert and ruin the beautiful vistas.:facepalm:

The party line is that they are afraid that dirty Mexican electricity will be interconnected.:mad:

Apparently these clowns prefer more coal, oil, and nuke plants.:idea:

• Members

Call me when it happens. (seriously!) I've got a CS degree and a Physics minor.

I'll see what I can do. In the mean time, I'll see if I can round up some training material. You'd be right at home with the PC based digital control system we have, but you'd have to understand what all of those virtual PIDs are controlling.

• CMS Author

I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. Hard for me to do much about finding out, being as I am on the opposite side of the continent.

No problem. I know a little about estuaries from boating on three of them (Hudson River, Delaware River/Bay, and Susquehanna River/Elk River/Chesapeake Bay). It's an interesting study of fluid dynamics. Okay, it's dry boring scientific {censored}, but that sounded intelligent, dinnit??:D

• CMS Author

I'll see what I can do. In the mean time, I'll see if I can round up some training material. You'd be right at home with the PC based digital control system we have, but you'd have to understand what all of those virtual PIDs are controlling.

:wave: Any room for a guy with a programming and mechanical background? :wave:

I need work.

• Members

:wave:
Any room for a guy with a programming and mechanical background?
:wave:

I need work.

I've got a boiler plant equipment mechanic helper spot open, it pays $15/hr. In about four months, I will have a $20/hr boiler plant equipment mechanic spot open with a need for someone capable of learning how to do vibration analysis.

• CMS Author

I've got a boiler plant equipment mechanic helper spot open, it pays $15/hr. In about four months, I will have a $20/hr boiler plant equipment mechanic spot open with a need for someone capable of learning how to do vibration analysis.

So that's around March...I may be in touch with you if nothing local comes up. I'm getting really tired of contract IT work...or the pathetic lack thereof.

And I was always happier working with my hands.

Thank you.

• Members

So that's around March...I may be in touch with you if nothing local comes up. I'm getting really tired of contract IT work...or the pathetic lack thereof.

And I was always happier working with my hands.

Thank you.

The problem in IT is caused by stupid management, way too many 401b visas, and offshoring work.

Check into government IT work. A lot of it requires US citizenship.

• Moderators

No problem. I know a little about estuaries from boating on three of them (Hudson River, Delaware River/Bay, and Susquehanna River/Elk River/Chesapeake Bay). It's an interesting study of fluid dynamics. Okay, it's dry boring scientific {censored}, but that sounded intelligent, dinnit??
:D

It did.

How'd you manage that? :poke:

Archived