Hardcore fans - turn me on to some other bands...

mlwarriner

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
i LOVE DEVIL'S REJECTS!!!!!!!
:love:
you have no idea. i
horror flicks.

so yeah i JUST saw Devil's Rejects like maybe 2 months ago.. you see, i saw house of a thousand corpses, and i just cant get down with the skeery clown folk.. it took SO MUCH convincing by the BF to finally get me to watch devil's rejects, and i'm pissed that i didnt see it sooner. because he's only a clown in it for like a nano second. and that movie kicks all kindsa ass.

but yeah clown free horror movies. +27.3 for you.

so again..... pics of your back or. or. or. um something bad. yea!
:thu:

There is a few tattoo related threads that most pics appear in. I'm not going to start posting them here, but you are welcome to go look for them if you really want to see them. Search my user name and the word tattoo and you'll probably lock onto things in no time.

• Members
i didnt even know testament was still around

Oh, hellz yeah, darlin'!

They were on a long hiatus because singer Chuck Billy had cancer, but their new cd kicks ass! It's got all the original members barring Louie Clemente on drums. Alex Skolnick is playing guitars on it and the cd is awesome. I just listened to it this morning. It's called Formation of Damnation:

testament-the-formation-of-damnation-200

Not hardcore by any means, but kickass nonetheless! :thu: :thu:

• Members
There is a few tattoo related threads that most pics appear in. I'm not going to start posting them here, but you are welcome to go look for them if you really want to see them. Search my user name and the word tattoo and you'll probably lock onto things in no time.

yeah woops i hijacked this thread - on total accident.

maybe i start new tattoo thread :rolleyes:

• Members
Oh, hellz yeah, darlin'!

They were on a long hiatus because singer Chuck Billy had cancer, but their new cd kicks ass! It's got all the original members barring Louie Clemente on drums. Alex Skolnick is playing guitars on it and the cd is awesome. I just listened to it this morning. It's called Formation of Damnation:

testament-the-formation-of-damnation-200

Not hardcore by any means, but kickass nonetheless!

i havent heard anything since the 90s...um....cant remember title, it was after practice what you preach. it was ok, but kinda disappointed me, i really liked Legacy though, but thats the only song i remember

• Members

i havent heard anything since the 90s...um....cant remember title, it was after practice what you preach. it was ok, but kinda disappointed me, i really liked Legacy though, but thats the only song i remember

The Ritual? That was the last one I bought.

• Members

Testament's first two cd's, The Legacy and The New Order = awesome.

Their next few cd's: Practice What you Preach, Souls of Black, and The Ritual = meh. Especially Souls of Black and the Ritual.

After they booted Skolnick and got a new lineup, they put out Low and The Gathering. Back to awesome Testament.

Chuck gets cancer, they go on long hiatus, original band re-forms minus drummer. Puts out Formation of Damnation. Still awesome.

Carry on. :thu:

• Members

i agree, but i liked "Practice" quite a bit too

Oh yeah, practice was good, don't get me wrong. Around that time, Alex Skolnick started getting his "I'm too good to play metal" thing and eventually went off to form the Alex Skolnick Trio. Sort of a jazz fusion thing. His influence around the Practice era was to water them down a little bit from the first two albums. It really shone through on Souls of Black and The Ritual. After The Ritual he was gone. I dig those three cd's, but really consider them their weakest efforts.

• Members
Are we talking, fugazi, minor threat. badbrains. blackflag, hardcore like DC hardcore, or like this newnasty{censored}?
:p
THAT is hardcore to me, but people have a different idea nowadays.

Damned kids and their rocknroll...

i'm talking hardcore like new york hardcore. i've got a pretty good smattering of dc hardcore ('brains, minor threat, gov't issue, etc). looking for more of the soia, madball, biohazard vein.

• Members
I'm with you. I consider Suicide Machines hardcore but that goes to show you what I know, I guess

i'm not exactly what i consider the suicide machines to be, but i personally wouldn't call them hardcore, at least not in the context i'm typing now...

i dig 'em, a lot, but not quite what i'm looking for at the mo'.

:)

• Members
i'm not exactly what i consider the suicide machines to be, but i personally wouldn't call them hardcore, at least not in the context i'm typing now...

i dig 'em, a lot, but not quite what i'm looking for at the mo'.

:)

Yeah that's my point :D

I'm gonna go jam them out tonight now that I've been reminded they exist

• Members

Look at all the ones I've posted. They were all NYHC bands from the 80's and 90's. All of them are killer. They are a little less metal than Madball but they are the epitomy of NYHC.

Also check out Side by Side.

A lot of these records are going to be difficult to find but I think most of them have been reprinted on CD's. Check Revelation records catalog, as they put out a ton of good {censored} during that time.

Dan

• Members

I was just looking over this site:

Victory used to be a pretty good repository of the vegan straight edge hardcore like Earth Crisis, maybe not so much anymore.

anyways:

His Hero Is Gone

DYS

people used to say Screw 32 was part of the bay area hardcore scene, but I don't see it

Shelter

Snapcase

victory started sucking ass (IMO) a while back.

Archived