Hardcore fans - turn me on to some other bands...

mlwarriner

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK OK OK!

Am I the only person who wants to hear the story behind the "napalm incident"?

I know that everyone hear probably has at least 5 stories involving mishaps with fire, gasoline, fireworks, or... all of the above rolled into a story, and maybe I'm alone in this, but I would NEVER mess with napalm! Also because I graduated in 2000, and lived in a small town, so if I were ever caught with napalm they would have accused me of trying to start Columbine 2.

EXPLAIN YOURSELF! We're all listening ;)

Renfield, I wouldn't leave you alone with my cats for fear of how you may corrupt them, and they're already pretty damn evil!

• Members

First off, Rorshach rocked hard. anybody mention Charred Remains, not quite NYHC but heavy nonetheless. Once again, Copout, http://myspace.com/copoutrchc , that was the old school, 15 years ago good HC music.

for new memphis hardcore, Bury the Living.

o.k. "the napalm incident"

Guttermouth and I had a penchant as younger men to make things that went boom. Started out emptying fireworks into larger containers and seeing how large and loud it got. This developed into a science that resulted in catching his parents entire backyard on fire at least a few times. In the small town we lived in this was easy to do and get away with. A distraction from the quiet and boredom common to teenagers who are stuck in the sticks. Well, a guy a little older than us(he was probably 25, we were 15 or so) and a skinhead came to town. This resulted in illegal tattoos(hence the agnostic front tat mentioned earlier), hitting on his sister and lessons like, Hey, I know how to make napalm. Long story short we were eager students and setting about the task of learning to make homemade "napalm". Spent an afternoon or so blowing up the field across from his house. :facepalm: That's as specific as I would like to be, perhaps Guttermouth could elaborate.

Thats about it. He taught us some interesting things including how to make a radio motor tattoo gun. Too bad you had to listen to his skinhead racist drivel to hang out. That didn't last too long, he disappeared , we moved , who knows.

• Members

First off, Rorshach rocked hard. anybody mention Charred Remains, not quite NYHC but heavy nonetheless. Once again, Copout,
http://myspace.com/copoutrchc
, that was the old school, 15 years ago good HC music.

for new memphis hardcore, Bury the Living.

Guttermouth and I had a penchant as younger men to make things that went boom. Started out emptying fireworks into larger containers and seeing how large and loud it got. This developed into a science that resulted in catching his parents entire backyard on fire at least a few times. In the small town we lived in this was easy to do and get away with. A distraction from the quiet and boredom common to teenagers who are stuck in the sticks. Well, a guy a little older than us(he was probably 25, we were 15 or so) and a skinhead came to town. This resulted in illegal tattoos(hence the agnostic front tat mentioned earlier), hitting on his sister and lessons like,
Hey, I know how to make napalm
. Long story short we were eager students and setting about the task of learning to make homemade "napalm". Spent an afternoon or so blowing up the field across from his house.
:facepalm:
That's as specific as I would like to be, perhaps Guttermouth could elaborate.

Thats about it. He taught us some interesting things including how to make a radio motor tattoo gun. Too bad you had to listen to his skinhead racist drivel to hang out. That didn't last too long, he disappeared , we moved , who knows.

Hanging out with a racist is like a drunk at a pub, you just gotta know how to handle them... (or my uncle is gets drunk every holiday and can barely keep his eyes open, but carries on full conversations... but ya know, slurry?)

Thanks for sharing!

Did you gets ever make a tennisball bomb?

• Members

I didn't care them both times I saw them. Of course I'm from
Orange County
and we pretty much despised all the metal influenced HC.

Orange County bah! half the damn bands that claim OC are from the San Bernardino, Offspring for 1 example. Voodoo Glow Skulls, for another example. i used to see them at a crappy little coffee hole called the Copasetic Cafe aslong with another band who claimed OC and were from SB, Kiss The Clown....why ya gotta get me started? :mad::lol:....:freak:

• Members

Guttermouth and I had a penchant as younger men to make things that went boom. Started out emptying fireworks into larger containers and seeing how large and loud it got. This developed into a science that resulted in catching his parents entire backyard on fire at least a few times. In the small town we lived in this was easy to do and get away with. A distraction from the quiet and boredom common to teenagers who are stuck in the sticks. Well, a guy a little older than us(he was probably 25, we were 15 or so) and a skinhead came to town. This resulted in illegal tattoos(hence the agnostic front tat mentioned earlier), hitting on his sister and lessons like,
Hey, I know how to make napalm
. Long story short we were eager students and setting about the task of learning to make homemade "napalm". Spent an afternoon or so blowing up the field across from his house.
:facepalm:
That's as specific as I would like to be, perhaps Guttermouth could elaborate.

good times.....good times...

• Members

Orange County bah! half the damn bands that claim OC are from the San Bernardino, Offspring for 1 example. Voodoo Glow Skulls, for another example. i used to see them at a crappy little coffee hole called the Copasetic Cafe aslong with another band who claimed OC and were from SB, Kiss The Clown....why ya gotta get me started?
:mad::lol:
:freak:

Yeah, but we could also talk about the 'nu' wave of hardcore coming out of OC like a {censored}ing tidal wave- Death By Stereo, Adamantium, old Throwdown, old 18 Visions, Bleeding Through (even though I wouldn't consider them hardcore, they get thrown into the mess), etc etc. I think he's more talking about THAT crowd rather than the Offspring.

I lived in Huntington for a little under a year and seems like I couldn't spit without hitting another trendy 'hardcore' band.

• Members

Yeah, but we could also talk about the 'nu' wave of hardcore coming out of OC like a {censored}ing tidal wave- Death By Stereo, Adamantium, old Throwdown, old 18 Visions, Bleeding Through (even though I wouldn't consider them hardcore, they get thrown into the mess), etc etc. I think he's more talking about THAT crowd rather than the Offspring.

I lived in Huntington for a little under a year and seems like I couldn't spit without hitting another trendy 'hardcore' band.

Actually I wasn't really referring to any of those bands, especially 18 Visions, what a bunch of {censored}ing clowns. I went to school with James Hart (singer) and talk about nerd gone rockstar:facepalm:

Anyway, Death by Stereo is a killer band but they came in right around the time the OC scene was in decline, same with Throwdown, although I thought they were horrible.

I was more referring to bands like Inside Out, Insted, Pushed Aside, No For an Answer, 411, Uniform Choice, etc. The pinnacle of the OCHC scene was about 87' through 94', anything after that is just the remnants of a once great scene. I feel like an old grumpy guy reliving his salad days but I blame the Christians and the SLC kids for the decline:mad:

Dan

• Members

Besides the fact that neither of these bands are anywhere near what anyone would consider Hardcore, The Offspring did indeed originate out of Orange County, Huntington Beach to be exact.

Actually I wasn't really referring to any of those bands, especially 18 Visions, what a bunch of {censored}ing clowns. I went to school with James Hart (singer) and talk about nerd gone rockstar:facepalm:

Anyway, Death by Stereo is a killer band but they came in right around the time the OC scene was in decline, same with Throwdown, although I thought they were horrible.

I was more referring to bands like Inside Out, Insted, Pushed Aside, No For an Answer, 411, Uniform Choice, etc. The pinnacle of the OCHC scene was about 87' through 94', anything after that is just the remnants of a once great scene. I feel like an old grumpy guy reliving his salad days but I blame the Christians and the SLC kids for the decline:mad:

Dan

Ahhhh, okay. Well, hardcore does tend to die out when TOO much metal's put into the mix. DRI anyone?

Archived