Well,you can say...

gonzobassman

• Members

I agree, not a real classy thing to do, but I can't say I blame them.

Keep saying that when the crowds turn on Obama to demand why something wasn't done exactly the way they wanted it done. Four years...or eight years... from now, others will be razzing the going out as they cheer the coming in...and you can't blame them.

Classy. :facepalm:

If you want classy, look at the previous Prez staff. They stole all the "W" keys off typewriters, computers, etc., not to mention stealing dinnerware, flatware, pictures, etc. But, you can't blame them. It makes Bush look all the better. They didn't steal any of the black keys off the pianos.

:p

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Lug! I remember those days as well. They truly sucked.

My parents are/were yellow dog Dems, always pulled the big D handle, absolutely knew republicans ate babies, etc. By the end of the Carter era my father absolutely hated that man. What bothers me is how classless he's become. He knows how hard the job really is but still plays politics and 2nd guessing. He was cool for quite a while but seems to have forgotten what it was like to sit in that chair.

• Members

Yea,I always thought he was a "nice" man.Probably too "nice" to be a president,but after Our people sat in Iran for all that time,I just had NO use for him.A lot of people forget just how long,and how badly the Middle East has been {censored}ing with us,and I guarentee that within 2 years they will strike on our soil again,just to test Obama's balls and see what they can get away with.

• Members

I wasn't a Carter fan at all...in fact, I voted GOP that year.

For Gerald Ford. :eek:

See, I'm no partisan hack! :mad:

I don't think W is satan's cousin or anything, but I do think he made a lot of bad decisions...first and foremost his choice of people to advise him, which of course led to several very poor decisions.

Obama is paying a lot of lip service to not being an idealogue but rather a pragmatist. If he can walk that walk, he'll do OK. Love him or hate him, if you're an American you've gotta be hoping he's up to the task. He's got a {censored}load on his plate.

• Members

Obama is paying a lot of lip service to not being an idealogue but rather a pragmatist. If he can walk that walk, he'll do OK. Love him or hate him, if you're an American you've gotta be hoping he's up to the task. He's got a {censored}load on his plate.

It is but a veneer.

I hope he fails with his policies except one. I do hope he and Congress will institute a draft although I cannot imagine what form it might take. A dem POTUS and a dem Congress with a cowardly minority party should be truly frightening for those who possess even the smallest bit of gray matter.

But you're right about the fact that he has a {censored}load on his plate but if you think back to 2000 so did W or to '92 so did Clinton and so on. The world is just as dangerous now as it was then.

• Members

But you're right about the fact that he has a {censored}load on his plate but if you think back to 2000 so did W or to '92 so did Clinton and so on. The world is just as dangerous now as it was then.

True! I distinctly remember the Clinton recession as being the worst since the great depression, and the W recession (2002) as being the worst since the great depression.... Funny what you hear on the nightly news. Funny how the reporters who reported that forget very quickly.

• Members
I'm assuming you meant the days following 9/11... not the 'right after' part where he kept reading books to kids... right?
;)

Absolutely!! He should have immediately jumped up and left. :rolleyes:
Somehow though, I have a feeling that if he had done that, you would have posted a whole different criticism of his actions, but a criticism never the less.

• Members

I'm not defending the people who apparently mocked him however, do you remember the Republicans attending the John McCain speech booing Obama? Classy... Conservatives are just as guilty (if not more) of being biased unflinching hypocrites as anyone else... What offends me is your lack of common sense to see that many people from many different political persuasions could be labeled as such, and so you make sweeping generalizations of Liberals and or Dems condemning as hypocrites with double talk and double standards... It's not hard to see you have a motive in these politically charged threads, but I have yet to determine whether it is to just talk {censored} about anything and everything you don't agree or to make your self sound/seem incredibly short sided, close minded, and intolerant? I hope that whatever has made you view the world in the way you do is soon resolved and you become the "sunshiny happy go lucky" person i know you are capable of.. :thu:

He was mocked by a crowd this morning leaving office.

Another example of the double standard leftist garbage people here and in DC. Who are the haters? Who are the intolerant ones? Reprobates.

How about the Rev speech during the inauguration? Was that racist or what? If not it was at least divisive.

Yeah, real tolerant. Hypocrites.

Archived