• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I really hope you don't get laid off.

I can't find a job doing {censored}ing
anything
right now.

I've sent out 100+ resumes, done the follow-ups, made phone calls to every temp agency in town, applied for server positions at restaurants, everything I can think of.

Zero calls so far. Nothing.

C7

:( i'm sorry
what do you do? (besides :rawk: )

• Members

I really hope you don't get laid off.

I can't find a job doing {censored}ing
anything
right now.

I've sent out 100+ resumes, done the follow-ups, made phone calls to every temp agency in town, applied for server positions at restaurants, everything I can think of.

Zero calls so far. Nothing.

C7

Welcome to my life, my friend. I can't even get a {censored} job at Wal*Mart right now.

• Members

It would take me approximately seven thousand years to grow a beard like that, and then it would still be patchy and thin in spots. I shave about every three days, if I feel like it. In about two weeks I grow as much facial hair as my brother grows overnight. If I try to shave two days in a row I cut my face up because there isn't enough hair there to cut - it just catches up the skin.

I'm not sure if I'm envious or bragging here.

Umm... it's about 2 months since I last shaved, but I did a big trim a couple of weeks ago so it would have been longer. :lol:

If I want to be stubble free I need to shave twice a day... I ain't doing that! :mad::facepalm:

• Members
:(
i'm sorry

what do you do? (besides
:rawk:
)

Let's see, what do I have experience in...
I've:
-waited tables
-bartended
-line cook
-pizza chef (I can throw, even)
-warehouseman
-fork lift operator
-delivery driver
-inside sales
-outside sales
-shipping/receiving/inventory clerk
-call center
-mortgage loan subordination officer
-mortgage loan setup clerk
-mortgage appraisal field review analyst
-Jr. mortgage underwriter
-guitar and bass sales
-fire systems inspector/technician

Among a few other things.

One of my biggest problems right now is that I can't lift but about 10lbs with my left arm because of my shoulder injury. :facepalm:

I've been laid off so many times that if you look at my resume, you'd think I was a job-hopper.
C7

• Members
Let's see, what do I have experience in...

I've:

-waited tables

-bartended

-line cook

-pizza chef (I can throw, even)

-warehouseman

-fork lift operator

-delivery driver

-inside sales

-outside sales

-shipping/receiving/inventory clerk

-call center

-mortgage loan subordination officer

-mortgage loan setup clerk

-mortgage appraisal field review analyst

-Jr. mortgage underwriter

-guitar and bass sales

-fire systems inspector/technician

Among a few other things.

One of my biggest problems right now is that I can't lift but about 10lbs with my left arm because of my shoulder injury.
:facepalm:

I've been laid off so many times that if you look at my resume, you'd think I was a job-hopper.

C7

well {censored}.
:cry:
are you collecting any kinda disability>?

• Members

I can't believe how long the office-drones let him rant and destroy everything.

He would have lasted about 30 seconds in our shop:cop:

Well, as shocking as it was, if I had been the guy he hit at first, he'd have about six inches of American steel shoved in his gut. {censored} that {censored}.

I was working with my dad way back when, doing some construction work, and they let this guy go. He flipped OUT. He grabbed a sledgehammer and got on some scaffolding, started beating down the wall they had just finished. My dad walked over, kicked the left supports out from under him, and watched him slide down. He got his ass beat, hardcore, by like 15 labor hardened, pissed off guys.

That's some bull{censored}. Damn. Though, I do like how after the first monitor toss, he's just, not able to throw them any further.

EDIT:

Seeing that {censored} got me riled up. Sorry. My mom has been playing the push-pull game at work for months. They've been doing temp lay offs lately. One week on, one week off. We're kinda, doomed financially at this point. She's paying for a lot of my doctor bills from the past year, and I'm having a DAMNED hard time getting a job, but it's the way the game is played.

Good luck, godspeed, and if you get as pissed as that guy did, bring a gun. :p

• Members
That's some bull{censored}. Damn. Though, I do like how after the first monitor toss, he's just, not able to throw them any further.

I think the first monitor broke off the PC, the other ones look like they're still attached to the desktops so they only go 2-3 feet :lol:

Archived