Hot or Not?

Brian Krashpad

• Members

528369.jpg

On clearance at Mu-Friend:

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ATK300RSPBK-Bass-Guitar?sku=516147&src=3TP9C3A&ZYXSEM=0?=ElectricGuitar

Ibanez ATK300RSPBK Bass Guitar

Price: $299.99

MSRP: $839.99

I gotta say I like it. Traditional without being a direct Jazz or P copy. A bit reminiscent of Peavey's original bass designs like the T-40 and T-20/Fury I. Price is good too. If I played more bass I'd get one at this price.

Body: Light ash body

Frets: Medium frets

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Inlay: Pearl dot

Bridge: ATK4 bridge

Pickup: ATK triple coil pickup

EQ: ATK 3-band equalizer with tone character switch

Hardware color: Antique Chrome

• Members

Where've YOU been?? I've been singing about this for weeks now.

Sorry, I tend to think of myself more as a guitarist than bassist (though I have been the bassist in a few bands rather than guitarist, and have been playing bass since about '89), so I don't check in here as often as I should.

If it helps-- you were right!

;)

• Members

Bass guitar

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Bass Guitar

A sunburst-colored Fender Precision Bass

String instrument

Other names electric bass guitar, electric bass, bass

Classification String instrument (plucked or picked)

Hornbostel-Sachs Classification 321.322

(Composite chordophone)

Inventor(s) Paul Tutmarc

Developed 1930s

Playing range

(a standard tuned 4 string bass guitar)

Related instruments

Electric guitar

Double Bass

Acoustic bass guitar

Musicians

List of bass guitarists

The electric bass guitar[1] (also called electric bass,[2][3][4] or simply bass; pronounced /?be?s/, as in "base") is a stringed instrument played primarily with the fingers or thumb (either by plucking, slapping, popping, tapping, or thumping), or by using a pick.

The bass guitar is similar in appearance and construction to an electric guitar, but with a larger body, a longer neck and scale length, and usually four strings tuned to the same pitches as those of the double bass,[5] which also corresponds to one octave lower in pitch than the four lower strings of a guitar (E, A, D, and G).[6] The bass guitar is a transposing instrument, as it is notated in bass clef an octave higher than it sounds (as is the double bass) in order to avoid the excessive use of ledger lines. Like the electric guitar, the electric bass guitar is plugged into an amplifier and speaker for live performances.

Since the 1950s, the electric bass guitar has largely replaced the double bass in popular music as the bass instrument in the rhythm section. While the types of basslines performed by the bass guitarist vary widely from one style of music to another, the bass guitarist fulfills a similar role in most types of music: anchoring the harmonic framework and laying down the beat. The bass guitar is used in many styles of music including rock, metal, pop, blues and jazz. It is used as a soloing instrument in jazz, fusion, Latin, funk, and in some rock and metal (mostly progressive rock and progressive metal) styles.

Archived