Having a baby!!

xdamagexx

• Members

my wife just found out she is preggers with our first child.. i think were like 6 weeks into it.. Gheese my life is already changing... she told me tonight that MY room (computer/bass room) is going to turn into the babys room.. I have to get rid of my Gear to pay off sum bills before shes due. BLAH..

well its not like i have really played in several years.. i mainly spend my time on here trolling instead of picking up my bass, (if i could find it in the dust..) i have talked her into letting my keep a bass or 2, or 3. but the stack and amp must go. i bought it thinkin it would make me play more but it just got me into being a gear whore. i have maybe a hour total play on my stack. the cabs aren't even broke in.. i need to put them up for sell on this site or ebay.. what u think my cabs and amp would retail for? my gear is in my sig.

oh ya do i give out stoggies when she has the kid?? advice. thanx:wave:

• Members

Congrats! Just enjoy the alone time that you guys have together, it'll pretty much be non-existent before too long. Beyond that, you'll get plenty of advice between now and the time she (that's right, I'm predicting a girl) goes to Kindergarten, solicited and otherwise. Just, congratulations! :thu:

• Members

Sweet about he kid on the way.. it is really the best thing that happens to you..and the worst in some ways, lol

I would try not to sell any gear if you can help it..I did and the 5 or so years later after regretting it, I had to start again/pretty much

• Members

My little girl turned 16 yesterday.

:(

Being a dad is pretty cool. I'm taking both of my kids to callbacks for a production of High School Musical. They auditioned with 90+ kids last night and are on the short list. I'm proud of both of them.

You'll be having these moments as well.

:thu:

• Members

Congrats!

DO NOT SELL YOUR GEAR.
:facepalm:
You won't get more than a few bucks for it and you will regret it later.

Throw pastel colored covers over the gear, add a pillow top....and WHALA! instant baby changing table!

• Members

curse u man..!!!!
:p

Hey man, I have two of them, 10 and 7. I grew up playing sports and the only thing I can get them to do is gymnastics? I have no idea how to relate to them but they're awesome kids, wouldn't trade 'em for the world. Would've been cool to have a son though but I don't regret not having one.

• Members

my wife just found out she is preggers with our first child.. i think were like 6 weeks into it.. Gheese my life is already changing... she told me tonight that MY room (computer/bass room) is going to turn into the babys room.. I have to get rid of my Gear to pay off sum bills before shes due. BLAH..

well its not like i have really played in several years.. i mainly spend my time on here trolling instead of picking up my bass, (if i could find it in the dust..) i have talked her into letting my keep a bass or 2, or 3. but the stack and amp must go. i bought it thinkin it would make me play more but it just got me into being a gear whore. i have maybe a hour total play on my stack. the cabs aren't even broke in.. i need to put them up for sell on this site or ebay.. what u think my cabs and amp would retail for? my gear is in my sig.

oh ya do i give out stoggies when she has the kid?? advice. thanx:wave:

"Kids are great... you can teach 'em to hate all the stuff you hate!" -Homer Simpson

:thu: Congrats! Enjoy it, because it goes by really fast.

And yes, stoggies come after the kid does.

• Members

Congrats.

Hows this for an idea? sell gear, but get a new bass for the year the baby is born? Wifey can't pass on the sentimentality of that. :D I know it suckered me into picking up a couple of Les Pauls. haha.

"But babe, I'll give them to them when they're 16, it'll be an awesome present and great investment!!!" :rolleyes::lol:

PS. Having kids changes your life, they don't end it. Everything they take away they enrich with something else.

• Members

congrats mate and good luck!! sure you'll have an awesome time. try not to sell your gear for a while-you might both find the kid enjoys it and starts wanting to do what 'daddy does'. see how it goes for the next couple of months. only sell it if you think its worth it. music is part of your life, not hers. so it should be your decision. with logic of course. but still your say!

Archived