Just for bassists:

Teletypist

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I play music, but my main instrument is the bass. I play drums, arrangers piano, guitar, vibes, various percussion instruments.. I don't enjoy playing any other instruments nearly as much as the bass though.

• Members

I already play several instruments (many much better than bass).

I play bass because I enjoy it. It's calming and the rhythmic low pulse brings me much pleasure.

My favorite instrument that I play is piano.

My favorite instrument that I wish I played is sitar.

I'm not the best at bass, nor is it my favorite instrument, but I definitely get a great deal out of playing it and therefore continue to do it more than other instruments.

• Members

Physical instrument? Yes, Bass is the Place.

But.... I would love to concentrate and improve on my vocal ability. On a good day, I'll sing the whole Number of the Beast album front to back flawlessly. But when I gotta do Hallowed Be Thy Name with my other band, I'm always exhausted by the end and my voice is hurting BAD.

I would love to build a CORRECT vocal warmup regimen, learn proper exercises and practice routines, and be able to sing Aces High three times in a row without flinching. I want to build some strength and endurance to be able to hit my highest range ALL the time not just sometimes. I've got good pitch accuracy, good steady sustain, a normal sounding vibrato that doesn't sound forced or obnoxious, and plenty of range. But on stage, that all only lasts for one tough song and then I sound like James Hetfield the rest of the night.

I would love to be a properly trained and consistent vocalist.

• Members

bass defo!!!

i've played about 7 instruments in my life (including bass) which were the recorder (counts cause i did stuff after it) cello (grade 8) flute (grade 8) piano (grade 5?) acoustic guitar (grade dont-know-what-the-hell-im-doing-even-if-it-looks-good) sing (grade loud-but-owchie-throat) and the bass. got my grade 8, im studying it at uni, i teach it, and keep on getting calls for bands/jobs.

out of them all bass is the one i love to play and have a connection too. i'll never regret my classical roots but being a rockstar is SO much more me!!!!:facepalm::lol:

x

Archived