Jazz bass freaks

fretless

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Killer bass for sure and Tal is Awesome , but I went custom , Warmoth , q tuners are on the way !
:lol:

I'm curious to hear a clip of the Q-tuners in a jazz. I've debated them, but with the cost on them I'd really want to know I'd like them. The clips on their site do a horrid job of selling them.

• Members
The bridge pup is 3/8" closer to the bridge on the 70's Js.

And it costs $45 to change the starting point on the router? :facepalm:

Reality: It would take the operator about 15 seconds to change the CNC code for that, I know I've done it.

• Members

Does Warmoth accommodate custom p'up routes? I've got one of those big honkin' neck humbuckers from a VM Squier tele bass that I'd like to put into something.

I don't believe that's a standard pup option from them. IIRC I foudn their pup route options extremely limited, they didn't have a few of what I would consider standard pups to expect to use in a build.

• Members
And it costs $45 to change the starting point on the router?
:facepalm:

Reality: It would take the operator about 15 seconds to change the CNC code for that, I know I've done it.

Hell, $45 is a steal. They quoted me $100 when I inquired about it a few years ago. :rolleyes:

• Members

got the plates , really all nicely done , it's a little hard to see the fine details from this scan but they are very high quality . The Alice is already on my Warmoth soloist but this is an extra :love:. 28 bucks for these but if you want your dog or cat or baby Jesus it can be done , perfectly . Check out the man at
http://www.freeservicerequest.com/

neck.jpg

• Members
got the plates , really all nicely done , it's a little hard to see the fine details from this scan but they are very high quality . The Alice is already on my Warmoth soloist but this is an extra
:love:
. 28 bucks for these but if you want your dog or cat or baby Jesus it can be done , perfectly . Check out the man at

http://www.freeservicerequest.com/

neck.jpg

Wicked. I'd love to make a custom plate for my P bass, but the plate itself is a unique size, and I can't use the existing one it's etched with the S/N amd such, I'd need a whole new plate made. Any idea where to get a custom plate made?

• Members

Wicked. I'd love to make a custom plate for my P bass, but the plate itself is a unique size, and I can't use the existing one it's etched with the S/N amd such, I'd need a whole new plate made. Any idea where to get a custom plate made?

nah , that may be tough to track down . A machine shop perhaps .

• Members

Most likely yeah. Then out for chroming, then out for artwork etching, then.... {censored}it. I don't need a $200 neck plate thank u much.

tee hee , yeah , always better to stick to a standard build and then go crazy , fabrication will just send it through the roof .

• Members

Or fab it yourself. I's just a small bit of flat plate.

Easier said than done. Then again, we have enough scrap around here I could probably get the metal shop to cut me a plate that's thick enough. I'd only have to pay for chroming after that. Still not economical just for a gimic that only I would see.

• Members

This is my all time favorite Jazz bass. I will never part with it. The body is an old Kubicki, the neck is an even older Warmoth. It has EMG pups with a Bart pre, Baddass bridge, reverse tuners, straplocks and is strung with DR Fat Beams. The bass was built buy a guy named Steve Dvorak, he made the Tort pickguard, brass nut and probably refretted the neck. Overall, it's the most perfect Jazz I've ever played and I've had some nice ones :eek:

dvorak1.jpg

dvorak2.jpg

dvorak3.jpg

dvorak4.jpg

Archived