Jazz bass freaks

fretless

• Members

ok I just bought a crap ton of parts , now lets talk about pickups ! :lol: Fralins split are pushing 240 , kinda want a stacked or split. While the Nordstrands are about the same and Dimarzio and Duncan about 1/2 of that , hmm...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've had growing J bass GAS as well.

I'm leaning toward a Fender Custom Shop. The other Fenders just don't do it for me. Sure, a CS is more $$$, but it's resale will be far better than any other model. Keep it long enough, and you'll make money on the purchase.

Otherwise, a Valenti is the only other J I'd give consideration to.

Fender CS would be awesome and I'd take it over a Sadowsky because...well, they sound like a Sadowsky:D

I hear great things about Valenti and his prices are really reasonable.

If it were me, and I was sure I would keep the bass I would go the Warmoth route. Exactly what you want at a cheaper price and fun to build.

Dan

• Members
KSD's weigh a ton from what I hear, Sadowsky will cost you and I'm not particularly fond of their J bass tones, Warmoth will not hold value should you keep it, and Lull's are not worth the cash IMO. Probably the most uninspiring bass I've ever touched.

Fender CS would be awesome and I'd take it over a Sadowsky because...well, they sound like a Sadowsky:D

I hear great things about Valenti and his prices are really reasonable.

If it were me, and I was sure I would keep the bass I would go the Warmoth route. Exactly what you want at a cheaper price and fun to build.

Dan

wow ! I hear ya , it will be a keeper ;)

Archived