Who are your newest fave bands?

chubrocker

• Members

I have NoFX - The Decline. I love it, although I haven't given it regular listens for a while now.

Their newest CD - Coaster - is actually a relief from the last pathetic attempt they put out. But do give a listen to 45 or 46 Other Things Not Good Enough For Our Other Records and So Long And Thanks For All The Shoes.

• Members

Their newest CD - Coaster - is actually a relief from the last pathetic attempt they put out. But do give a listen to 45 or 46 Other Things Not Good Enough For Our Other Records and So Long And Thanks For All The Shoes.

Hmm. I didn't even know they put out another. Wolves in Wolves Clothing sucked a huge fat one.

I also recommend Punk In Drublic, White Trash Two Heebs and a Bean.

• Members

Hmm. I didn't even know they put out another. Wolves in Wolves Clothing sucked a huge fat one.

I also recommend Punk In Drublic, White Trash Two Heebs and a Bean.

WIWC is the CD I was referring to as horrible. Coaster was a much better (though still not as good as 45 or 46).

• Members

Favorite new band is probably The Gaslight Anthem. Favorite old band with a new record is Dinosaur Jr. The Obits are good, but are probably another short-lived Rick Froberg project. Boston Spaceships are good, but have an old dude frontman (Bob Pollard of GBV). High on Fire isn't real new, but they're newish to me and rule.

• Members
They are on tour opening for Social D right now. Every major Canadian city is getting two shows, many lesser little cities are getting tour stops when they wouldn't normally. No show dates in Toronto for the entire run.
:mad:

What is this Tor...on...to???

Never heard of it:idk:

:D

• Members
As do I...
:evil:

What
is
this
Tor...on...to
???

Never heard of it:idk:

:D

I am seriosuly SO pissed about that. The gf and I actually debated taking a train 5 hours to Montreal, getting a hotel room and everything. Make it a weekend getaway with the highlight being Social D, but we just can't justify that expense at this time.

• Members
I am seriosuly SO pissed about that. The gf and I actually debated taking a train 5 hours to Montreal, getting a hotel room and everything. Make it a weekend getaway with the highlight being Social D, but we just can't justify that expense at this time.

Bull spit!

I'm working on minimum wage with a $150 cell bill right now and I'm taking a trip to Atlanta to see a local show :freak:.

That's my excuse for taking a vacation I guess.

4 days in Atlanta :D.

• Members
I don't listen to anything new... all the rock I listen to is decades old... even most of the hip-hop I listen to is old! I fail at being contemporary.
:o

That's alright... There hasn't been any good new hip hop that I've heard. Most of what I listen to these days are Del & his projects and Wu Tang and their projects and J5.

• Members

I too have been converted to Silver Sun Pickups, but since thier first album, so I gues it doesn;t count for me :( The new Von Bondies album is also quite good, very garagey without being pretentious. Ben Harper with Relentless7 is a kickass record, but i've never been a fan otherwise.

Stuff I discovered in the last 6 months or so is pretty sparse. I think MGMT was the last one to really infect my head, some random singles (honey honey "toy gun". I think it was an ipod commercial), stuff like that.

Archived