Who are your newest fave bands?

chubrocker

• Members

We Were Gentlemen

dYuRQSz7qDo

Their CD comes out tomorrow, and I'm heading out to their CD release party. Great live band, though the single is a bit slow.

The version in this video is not from the CD, but I can't see any way to embed a MySpace video link, and I know nobody clicks on links unless they're right in the thread anymore.

• Members

[YOUTUBE]BR4kFJBr7Sg[/YOUTUBE]

Pure Reason Revolution. I got into them when they were a Porcupine Tree support band. Now they've created their own style and I wouldn't be surprised to see them break out big in the USA at some point. Totally unique style with awesome layered vocal arrangements.

• Members

Earthless (came upon them today)

[YOUTUBE]oEfnzfY4-10[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5XfWCeUQHgA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-M4qFeo4YEY[/YOUTUBE]

Tristeza

[YOUTUBE]2UxlAz52oTg[/YOUTUBE]

Mono (been into them for a while, but recently they've come back to me with a vengeance)

[YOUTUBE]1B00qU5uc58[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Not new, but new to me.

From wikipedia:

Eloy is a German progressive rock band, whose musical style includes symphonic and space rock, the latter theme being more prevalent on earlier albums. Despite their nationality and time period, the band is not generally considered krautrock because of their sound, which has much more in common with English progressive rock groups such as Pink Floyd, Badfinger and Yes.

[YOUTUBE]xytcCjPoHLQ[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Definitely not new, but the band I've been listening to the most lately has been the Grateful Dead. Granted, that's mostly because the band I'm singing with right now covers a lot of Dead tunes, but it's more that it's kinda brought me full circle...I grew up listening to and singing a lot of stuff that was primarily vocal harmony.

Now i get to hear the kind of vocal harmonies I love, and I have the experience now to appreciate the skill and style the Dead brought to the instrumentation.

• Members

My listening phases rarely match up with the current pop music phases. Lately I've been listening to a lot of The Offspring, Simon & Garfunkel, Collective Soul, Taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard, Bon Iver, and Arcade Fire.

Now try 88 Fingers Louie, Digger, Osker, NoFX, and Bouncing Souls :thu:

• Members

I want to do so many unspeakable acts to a couple of their band members. :love:

They are on tour opening for Social D right now. Every major Canadian city is getting two shows, many lesser little cities are getting tour stops when they wouldn't normally. No show dates in Toronto for the entire run. :mad:

Archived