What was your first album?

sub5ound

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since most people here probably have no idea what this is, I'll just go ahead and say you, sir, have excellent taste.
:thu:

AW,ATS was a good one. Todd runs pretty hot & cold for me though. Most of his output does little for me, or I actually dislike. But a few I really like a lot, and I definately have a lot of respect for him. "A Cappela" was cool (and that was a really fun tour - I got up on stage and played drums!). My favourite is "RA" (Utopia) - always thought it would be fun to play "Singring" live. "Concept Rock" ftw!

I agree that Ryco's list shows some excellent taste. Somehow though, contrary to his status listing under his user name, I don't think he's quite a "junior" though, eh?

• Members
AI agree that Ryco's list shows some excellent taste. Somehow though, contrary to his status listing under his user name, I don't think he's quite a "junior" though, eh?

Thank yaw! No, me "elder" :wave:

to bnys: 'ceptin' for "sir" -- that's my dad! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

first 45 was "Walk Right Ini" by the Roof Top Singers. Loved the 12 str guitar First album was first beatles album "meet The Beatles. Absolutely blew me away. Mybaby sitter told me about them and I told her they couldn't be as good as the Beach Boys. Yeah, right

• Members

Oh man, I don't know if I should say this or not but I think it might have been a Bay City Rollers 45. I also recall an ELO 8-track being among one of the earlier recordings I bought and I owned a bunch of Kiss recordings when I was young. I also remember when the cover of Blinded By The Light was recorded by Manford Mann's Earth Band and I think I had a 45 of that. That was a big hit when I was little.

I remember listening to songs by America on am radio being some of my favorites back then particularly Sister Golden Hair. I also really liked(still do I guess, but when I was little it was a favorite) American Pie by Don McClean.

Ok, I've shown my age and embarrassed myself enough. Peace. Out.

Archived