Renfield! why Renfield?

Trauma_Luna

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's the problem with personal attacks. You really don't know how much you can hurt someone's feelings with a flippant remark.

Some people really need to either lighten up or toughen up.

Really.

• CMS Author

Some people really need to either lighten up or toughen up.

Really.

Or we could be civil to one another, just in case everyone can't meet your standard of toughness on every topic.

I stumbled into some personal issues with KK a few months ago, unintentionally. We were trading barbs and I touched a nerve. Didn't mean to, but the effect was obviously no different than if I had. I could have taken your mantra, but I've chosen to make the effort to go the other way, and err on the side of caution. It hasn't made my experience here any worse for it.

Just an alternate view. Everyone's free to act as they wish. I'd just rather see fewer people banned, insulted, or just plain tired of the verbal abuse.

• Members

Or we could be civil to one another, just in case everyone can't meet your standard of toughness on every topic.

I stumbled into some personal issues with KK a few months ago, unintentionally. We were trading barbs and I touched a nerve. Didn't mean to, but the effect was obviously no different than if I had. I could have taken your mantra, but I've chosen to make the effort to go the other way, and err on the side of caution. It hasn't made my experience here any worse for it.

Just an alternate view. Everyone's free to act as they wish. I'd just rather see fewer people banned, insulted, or just plain tired of the verbal abuse.

I am really enjoying your posts today...What did you do with the real Craigv?

• Members

I agree, people should be excellent to each other.

I'm just saying that of all the things in one's life to get one's panties in a wad over, this place should be very low on the list.

Water off a duck, and all that, wot wot...

• Members

I'm just saying that of all the things in one's life to get one's panties in a wad over, this place should be very low on the list.

Absolutely. In fact, it should be under the bottom of that list. ;)

Lot's of feminization going here and everywhere.

• Members

I think there's a number of possible problems. First is things people say. some words and phrases should just be unacceptable, no matter how it's meant. I find the best barbs don't even have to use edgy words. "you're a {censored}" isn't as good as "your favorite coctail is vinegar and water, isn't it?" Second, and this is the biggie, is people's intentions. When Craigv upsets KK it was unintentional. When Grankor calls people cunts, it's intentional. It gets a little hard to police except to maybe see it in context. Third is: suck it up and get some thicker skin. We can be a rough crowd and things get said. If it insults you because of something nobody knows about, realize that.

That said, I live in Marlborough, MA. Someone come with a gun and put me down. I've turned into my father.

• Members

ya know... or this....

• CMS Author

True dat. I enjoy this place until I don't, then I go away until I think I'll enjoy it again. It doesn't ever actually "bother" me, because as you wrote, it's low on the list.

But there's a lot of bad feeling over the events of last week, and I'm simply trying to address them in some constructive way.

So who told you I wear panties? That was supposed to be between me and DRF.:mad:

Archived